• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mutiny in Swindon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutiny in Swindon

OK who do we know in the sticks?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...p-Swindon.html

Rail passengers launch 'mutiny' and forced train to REVERSE after their Great Western Railway service failed to stop at scheduled station
    • Passengers activated emergency alarms onboard London-bound train last night
    • Those onboard were frustrated the train had not called at intended stop Swindon
    • Driver took train back to Swindon before passengers were kicked off at Reading
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Most people do what ever they can to avoid Swindon, not the other way round!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Blimey, didn't know trains were allowed to reverse to be fair. Must have been a logistical nightmare that.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It would depend on how far it got down the track as the red light would have been shown to the oncoming train if not past 2x lights

Comment

The train company's logic seems pretty odd there: they didn't want to stop at Swindon because the train was full. I've seen buses do something similar, i.e. if nobody presses the bell to get off then the driver won't stop to pick anyone up. However, if people do want to get off then the driver will stop and then let on a corresponding number of people. I realise that it's a bit more tricky on a train (e.g. you'd probably need station staff to keep new passengers back) but refusing to let people off doesn't seem like a great plan. Aside from anything else, it's just going to cause unnecessary crowding on another train, if they have to make an extra journey in the opposite direction.

Comment

Originally posted by hobnob View Post
            The train company's logic seems pretty odd there: they didn't want to stop at Swindon because the train was full. I've seen buses do something similar, i.e. if nobody presses the bell to get off then the driver won't stop to pick anyone up. However, if people do want to get off then the driver will stop and then let on a corresponding number of people. I realise that it's a bit more tricky on a train (e.g. you'd probably need station staff to keep new passengers back) but refusing to let people off doesn't seem like a great plan. Aside from anything else, it's just going to cause unnecessary crowding on another train, if they have to make an extra journey in the opposite direction.
            If Thameslink used this logic their trains trains would never stop at Herne Hill in the mornings ... every train through there is jammed .... always a fun station to transfer at
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
            X