• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats the longest time you have queued for petrol this last week or so?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Very strange you've posted the dumbest response on your own thread.
    Would have thought you of all people would understand willy waving!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    0 for me as well (electric) - so a combined zero minutes queue time thus far - big up
    Very strange you've posted the dumbest response on your own thread.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    about 10 minutes up north.

Blooming queues everywhere down here but have half a tank.

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    0 for me as well (electric) - so a combined zero minutes queue time thus far - big up

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    0 minutes. For some reason the two nearest us have had no queues and if you go odd hours it's fine. The one nearer town has had a short queue but nothing major.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    0, but I did get lucky as I did a 250 mile round trip on Saturday but fortunately had a full tank before it all kicked off

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I thought my main mower was almost out, and knew my 20l Jerry can was almost empty, so i was about to go out to fill up the can (and look like a panic-buying Tory), but then remembered I had an old 5l plastic can. It was half full, and turns out my mower probably had about 8l in it. Topped the mower up, made up a litre of 2 stroke for the chain saws, etc, and now the cans are empty.
    The mower uses about 4 litres for a cut, so I've got another week before I need to fill. Will throw the can into the car just in case.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    0 minutes. Refused to be part of the problem. I will probably need to top up early next week, so hopefully the selfish idiots have had their fun by then.

(Just a theory, but if they did a survey, I wonder if there would be a strong correlation with the panic buys and the anti-vaxxers/trump supporters)

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Also 0 minutes. Filled up last night - 48 litres into a 50 litre tank, so panic buying but out of necessity rather than hoarding...

Queues around here seem to be rapidly ending, most places have half a dozen in the queue at the most, little worse than normal rush hour.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    0 mins

I last put petrol in my car on 22 August (when I last visited the parentals). I haven't ventured to a petrol station since as I haven't needed to.

However, I will need to drive HWMBO in a couple of weeks' time so I'm hoping this nonsense has calmed down by then or else I won't be getting to St Neots and back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X