• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

how big should your warchest be?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by lorakeen View Post

Next Day
    Whorty "Hey I wonder where all my valubles went"
    Interesting you should say that .. I've never been one for buying expensive tat just to keep up with fashions. Mrs W had some nice jewelry that she bequeathed to friends on her death, but I have nothing worth nicking. Probably explains why I have enough cash to live on, because I don't feel the need to buy the latest iPhone or 100" tv

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    But I'm proud to say my warchest is the size of a matchbox. It's not how big it is but what you do with it!
    Likewise.

Although to be fair, it depends on your industry and likelihood of getting other work. If you do something that has a glut of contractors, then you'll want a bigger warchest - particularly if you're obnoxious, etc. If you've got a particular set of skills that are desirable, you know your market and you know your customer base, then I'd consider 6 months plenty.

Then again, warchests are meaningless if you don't know your burn rate.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Any mention of warchests here starts an outbreak of willy waving as people boast how many months or even years they could hold out.

But I'm proud to say my warchest is the size of a matchbox. It's not how big it is but what you do with it!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by lorakeen View Post

have you considered for a second that maybe just maybe not everybody's as insecure as you are?
    Go get some testosterone injections, floppy.
    NLUK is right ..... you're trying to have a p*ssing contest with a group pf people who have been contracting for donkey's years. Even the ladies on here will p*ss higher up the wall fella (just don't ask Sue Ellen how she does it, it's her secret party trick

It's not really a game you want to play on here, so maybe stick to the pub with your mates who will be more impressed

Leave a comment:

• lorakeen
    replied

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I don't need to pay them ... they do it for the pleasure of being with me
    Next Day
    Whorty "Hey I wonder where all my valubles went"

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

if you paid your 'ahem' lady friends more than 50p and a wrap you would be on the streets in 3 weeks.
    I don't need to pay them ... they do it for the pleasure of being with me

Leave a comment:

• lorakeen
    replied

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I think it's just a poor troll thread to wave your willy about your bloated warchest. HTH
    have you considered for a second that maybe just maybe not everybody's as insecure as you are?
    Go get some testosterone injections, floppy.
    Last edited by lorakeen; 27 September 2021, 05:28.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I think it's just a poor troll thread to wave your willy about your bloated warchest. HTH
    its not bloated, its infected...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Mine runs out when i'm 120 years old .... I'll start to think about it in more detail when I get my telegram off King William
    if you paid your 'ahem' lady friends more than 50p and a wrap you would be on the streets in 3 weeks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X