• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are people here still masking up with in shops and public transport?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoobos
    replied
    yes

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Never mind, there's an outbreak of sommat else in India:

Nipah.

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-s...il/nipah-virus
    45 - 75% fatality, no vaccine, zero treatment options. Coming to a wet market in China near you soon.

I just trademarked the name Nipah-22, gonna be rich (and probably dead) next year.
    Last edited by _V_; 11 September 2021, 11:04.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    If I go into any shop I'll have my mask. If it's a big store, quiet, and little chance to get close to anyone then I probably won't have it on my face, but as soon as I know I'm going to be close to others I slip it on.

As much to protect me as them.

In small shops, like a petrol station, I'll always put it on before entering.

But I guess it's all personal choice now.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Never mind, there's an outbreak of sommat else in India:

Nipah.

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-s...il/nipah-virus

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    I still mask up when going in to shops etc - more out of a courtesy to the staff that have to work there.

I wouldn't go anywhere near public transport anyway (even prior to Covid, dislike the modern, hermetically-selad germ carriers also known as trains).

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    It depends on whether I intend on paying or not.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Yes but these days I wear one that is more likely to protect me than them.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Anyone been on holiday somewhere where you have to wear a mask outdoors (on the street, beach)?

Not sure I'd fancy that.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You're missing the part that when a virus is spread in droplet form, coughing projects it far more effectively, I think. Less an issue in small spaces but still.
    Possibly but just breathing and speaking to people normally was enough. But anyway we are well past that.

But I was pointing out the hole in Jayn200's argument that he won't wear a mask but thinks someone coughing should.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 9 September 2021, 22:02.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X