• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Health and social care tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by some guy some where View Post

And for all employees tis 2.5% paycut, they'll cut the employers NI from any planned annual pay rise - and interest rates rising next year!
    Pay cut whilst RPI in the UK is close to 4%.

Tory scum.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Funny thing is, all this extra money will be squandered to new limited companies setup by Tory donors, MP's, friends and spouses of cabinet ministers.

look out for lots of new Health and Social Care limited companies on Companies House spring up and win contracts to kill old people as cheaply as possible...

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        Funny thing is, all this extra money will be squandered to new limited companies setup by Tory donors, MP's, friends and spouses of cabinet ministers.

look out for lots of new Health and Social Care limited companies on Companies House spring up and win contracts to kill old people as cheaply as possible...
        Too late - lots of venture capitalists now own home care homes and social care companies.....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Good this press briefing is boring to listen to.

If I need something to help me fall asleep I will play them back...
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by some guy some where View Post

And for all employees tis 2.5% paycut, they'll cut the employers NI from any planned annual pay rise - and interest rates rising next year!
            Isn’t it more like 5%?

If someone currently earns 200,000 and receives 100,000, after employers and employees NI they will receive 95,000. A five percent drop.

Doubly bad for renters since housing costs will go up as people rush to become landlords/holiday home owners as they will be protected from this (and most other) tax.

I could be wrong of course. Maybe I should ask in the accountancy section.

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post

Isn’t it more like 5%?

If someone currently earns 200,000 and receives 100,000, after employers and employees NI they will receive 95,000. A five percent drop.

Doubly bad for renters since housing costs will go up as people rush to become landlords/holiday home owners as they will be protected from this (and most other) tax.

If someone currently earns 200k and receives 100k after all other taxes and then spluffs 50k on IT training from smallbrain ltd, and the additional NI is 5k, then isn't it 10% of what's left?

In other words, yes, it is with respect to the amount that is subject to NICs, not some other fantasy unicorn amount.

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post

Isn’t it more like 5%?

According to online calculators:

Inside contractor, 200K a year was taking home around 104K, now going to be taking home around 100K (effective tax rate 50%)

Inside contractor, 150K a year was taking home 81K, now going to be taking home around 78K (effective tax rate 48%)

Inside contractor, 100K a year was taking home 60K, now going to be taking home around 58K (effective tax rate 42%)

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

If someone currently earns 200k and receives 100k after all other taxes and then spluffs 50k on IT training from smallbrain ltd, and the additional NI is 5k, then isn't it 10% of what's left?

In other words, yes, it is with respect to the amount that is subject to NICs, not some other fantasy unicorn amount.
                  My training courses are much more reasonable than that (and according to one student, “I learned more on this course than in any other week in my life”).

But you make a good point, accommodation costs have indeed doubled for the IR35 caught, so the tax rise is effectively more than I said.

As Fraidycat just posted, the online calculators say that I’m right for once!

Comment

Question, is this tax only applicable to employee and employer NI?

Are there any other tax rises, such as related to dividend income, income from rental property?

Any changes to Capital Gains tax?

So, the person living on rental income, dividends from companies, selling shares, crypto, property or other assets, pays not £1 more than they did before?

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                      Question, is this tax only applicable to employee and employer NI?

Are there any other tax rises, such as related to dividend income, income from rental property?

Any changes to Capital Gains tax?

So, the person living on rental income, dividends from companies, selling shares, crypto, property or other assets, pays not £1 more than they did before?
                      Dividend tax is increasing by 1.25% because it's only fair.

Comment

Working...
                      X