• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car fuel additives - Do you use one?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

If it works for you, that's great. Using additives may be covering up issues with your engine not self adjusting to the differences in fuel. The performance of my engine fell and it was only after I thought "Oh f-it, I don't trust the garage and I will go over everything myself" the engine then ran super fine, no lumpy tick-over, MPG shot up and was greater than the manufactures figures etc. I think my engine would run fine on shoe polish.
    I would very much love to fix the car myself like you do but I lack necessary knowledge and practical expertise. Looking into "Diploma in Transport Maintenance IMI VRQ L1" part-time. I am 50+, Happy to learn something other than IT but most of the courses are aimed for 16-19 age group. Not sure if it is suitable for me :-) or where to find one.
    Last edited by BigDataPro; 12 August 2021, 10:34.

Comment

Working...
    X