• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So who's burnt their mask?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who's burnt their mask?

Are you all out licking strangers and popping into nightclubs for lunch? How is the "please wear a mask even though you don't have to" going for those commuting and working in the cities so far?

Freedom Day hadn't even arrived and we saw someone kicking off when politely asked to wear a mask yesterday. "I'm leaving and I'm not coming back, etc"
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I've walked down to my local pub to work which I do three or four times a week. It's got aircon so lovely and cool as well. Spot on!. Mask was on as it will still be for me. Putting it on for 30 seconds while I get seated or go to the loo is just so irrelevant in the greater scheme I just don't see why it's such an issue not to wear it. It feels stranger to leave the house without it or not put it on so happy to carry on wearing it for now.

Staff are still wearing those plastic face guards but of the thirty or so people that have been through while I have been here only three others wore them and they were older folk.

We are doomed.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Does the pub ask people to wear masks? Our village pub has gone with "wear them if it makes you feel better" approach, whereas the one we consider our regular went with "we'd appreciate it if you continue to wear them".
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I haven't been out so far today so cannot comment on any general mask wearing.

When the plumber visited earlier this morning he wasn't wearing a mask and I have to admit that I didn't even think to put one on as I don't wear a mask when I'm at home.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Does the pub ask people to wear masks? Our village pub has gone with "wear them if it makes you feel better" approach, whereas the one we consider our regular went with "we'd appreciate it if you continue to wear them".
          They've still got the the little counter on the way in with the QRcode, hand sanitiser and spare mask but no one has said a word. I notice they've taken the one way stickers off the floor and queueing system off the loos. They appear to be embracing freedom day fully.

It's a Greene King oddly. They've been pretty vocal in the news today about closing venues due to lack of staff but as it's just run by a manager I doubt they care like a local might.

Can't fault them to be fair. It is freedom day, they are doing what they are allowed to do and what everyone else is so didn't expect anything different.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I haven't been out so far today so cannot comment on any general mask wearing.

When the plumber visited earlier this morning he wasn't wearing a mask and I have to admit that I didn't even think to put one on as I don't wear a mask when I'm at home.
            Yeah, would look a bit odd opening the door to him in nothing but a mask. Kills the moment somewhat.

Comment

local tesco and indian shop, same measures in place. staff wearing masks. In the local indian shop, the lady even re-adjusted the mask at it dropped slightly when she was serving me. Screens were still on.

Popped into a local 'pret' and the protecting screens are down and only a few of the staff behind counter had masks on.

Some are embracing freedom day, some are not.

About half of customers or even less had masks on.

I am still wearing one while inside as it is a minor inconvenient.

Comment

No burning of the mask.
                I have only worn one in hospital because of the old NHS rule that stated you had to wear one even if you had an exemption.
                I stopped wearing one when in hospital after an incident in the same hospital some time ago and my local hospital are well aware why and no longer challenge it.
                I have a medical exemption.
                Former IPSE member
                My Website

Comment

Anyone wearing a mask now is a snowflake

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Yeah, would look a bit odd opening the door to him in nothing but a mask. Kills the moment somewhat.
                    Beat me to it!

If he had worn a mask. You wouldn't be able to see his Mario Brother's full on moustache while he cleaned your pipes!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X