• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The mother of all financial crashes is still to come?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mother of all financial crashes is still to come?

Any rational human being would understand that if the economy were to behave similar to a physical system we would be quite off from the equilibrium state. Housing market, stock market, prices everything is overly inflated but still, surprisingly, people still find the money somehow to buy more.

Then there is the alternative theory that only a small percentage of the population actually controls the economy. Which for some reasons make sense. The so called plutonomy. And we are just payed enough to exist and to return for our monthly wage to out masters and statistically why the working class(and middle class) barely acquires any assets during their life.

But there seem to be smarter people out there that believe in the economy construct and dedicate their entire life to picking stocks and doing in depth analysis of the system. So parts of me as well wants to think that the second part does not exist and we live in a free world and market ( or at least free-ish).

It's a phenomenon that has occurred regularly during and prior to covid but people have started to rumble again about stock market crash. Any opinion on this?

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    Any opinion on this?
    ]
    yes, - piss off you miserable twat!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

yes, - piss off you miserable twat!
      constructive opinions.

if I am a miserable twat, I would really love to see how your life really looks like.
      Maybe I've lived my life all wrong.

Comment

Videos on YouTube and other places predicting financial crashes, or financial anything for that matter, are ten-a-penny. They are all based on subjective nonsense and guesses. Are these two videos any different?

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
          Videos on YouTube and other places predicting financial crashes, or financial anything for that matter, are ten-a-penny. They are all based on subjective nonsense and guesses. Are these two videos any different?
          no, was pointing out this in particular, they are no different than what we had.

But we had the '08 crisis that many people still think we have not fully recovered from and now we have all the frenzy and money printing because of covid.

Trying to understand how it works so if anyone has any opinion on it please feel free to share.

We've had a disconnect for many years, question is if there is a redemption day to come or if it is inherently part of how economy works and we might never have.

Comment

no, was pointing out this in particular, they are no different than what we had.

But we had the '08 crisis that many people still think we have not fully recovered from and now we have all the frenzy and money printing because of covid.

Trying to understand how it works so if anyone has any opinion on it please feel free to share.

We've had a disconnect for many years, question is if there is a redemption day to come or if it is inherently part of how economy works and we might never have.
            I don't believe we've had a "disconnect for many years". The 08 crisis lasted a couple of years, but since 2010 or so things have gone back to normal.
            We've had a new crisis in the form of Covid, and the government has had to borrow a lot of money from the Bank of England. This will be paid back in one of two ways - either the Bank of England forgiving the debt (the bonds that the government issued to them in return for the cash), which will cause inflation and a reduction in the real value of government spending (as things cost more), or the government will direct tax revenue away from normal spending and back to the Bank of England to service the bonds - which will also result in the real value of government spending.
            So government spending will go down, to compensate for it having gone up.

Comment

Maybe I've lived my life all wrong.
              I would agree with you here.

statistically why the working class(and middle class) barely acquires any assets during their life.
              I do not agree with you here. I came from a poor, working class family and I've managed to acquire assets. But then, at your age I worked hard and didn't spend all my life complaining on an internet forum.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

A crash cannot happen until Scooty stops predicting one. You could be in for a long wait.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  I would agree with you here.

I do not agree with you here. I came from a poor, working class family and I've managed to acquire assets. But then, at your age I worked hard and didn't spend all my life complaining on an internet forum.
                  That's unfair - as you worked smart as well.

Loads of people work hard but get no where as they don't work smart.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I wanted to be a lion tamer.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                    X