• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General election

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    There is an advantage to brexit as well, apart from the short term economic boom from some people...
    It is still the first of the civilised nations to take action in response to increased nationalism and pressures of globalisation.
    You are joking, right? You do realise that Brexit was the very essence of nationalism?

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

My daughters are horrified by tales from the eighties. some of then would probably pass out watching eighties movies.

I was re-watching ashes to ashes which is almost a documentary on 80s / 90s sexism.

Imagine modern kids watching the saint (original series with Roger Moore), Minder, the sweeney or similar.
    Lets not forget Mr Benny Hill. He was wholesome family entertainment back in the 80s.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

I'm guessing you weren't out in the real world before about 1980. Youi have no idea how far we have come.
    My daughters are horrified by tales from the eighties. some of then would probably pass out watching eighties movies.

I was re-watching ashes to ashes which is almost a documentary on 80s / 90s sexism.

Imagine modern kids watching the saint (original series with Roger Moore), Minder, the sweeney or similar.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    We're screwed whoever gets in.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You fell right into my trap....
    Which one, the one where Bob and George are carrying out honour killings because someone from the next pit town shagged their sister?

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

I'm guessing you were out in the "real world" during the 1920s, harassing secretaries, you crusty old goober
    No, I'm not actually a centenarian yet. Working on it though...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Not much sexism left in the UK in 2021. It is mainly other countries and cultures, especially Muslim countries that are still horribly sexist.
    You fell right into my trap....

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

I'm guessing you weren't out in the real world before about 1980. Youi have no idea how far we have come.
    I'm guessing you were out in the "real world" during the 1920s, harassing secretaries, you crusty old goober

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Said like a sexist cretin

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Not much sexism left in the UK in 2021.
    Said like a sexist cretin

Leave a comment:

Working...
X