• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon seller wants to pay me to remove review.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ravenshaw View Post
    I would ask the seller to send you another one free of charge, and if it is still unbroken after a month, you'll remove your review.
    Yes, then the seller would know his name/address for High Court service purposes

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Surely, it did not break if it was still usable, as you said.

In effect it follows that you made false review, so ethical thing is to delete it and offer to pay seller some notional compensation for the losses he suffered as the result of your false review.
      I didnt want to spend time writing an essay on it. A bit of the product broke off. In the review i said it broke. Which is factually true. I gave it 2 stars instead of 1, because it was still usable.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
        I didnt want to spend time writing an essay on it. A bit of the product broke off. In the review i said the product broke. Which is factually true.
        You should have written the truth, which appears to be "A bit of the product broke off, but it's still useable", but you chose to write the product broke, implying it stopped working.

Correct ethical action is to apologise to the seller and delete false review.

NEXT!!!

Comment

You should have written the truth..
          Correct ethical action is to apologise to the seller and delete false review.
          If I post a truthful picture or video of the product in it its current semi broken state. That will be much worse for the seller.
          Last edited by Fraidycat; 20 June 2021, 21:23.

Comment

If I post a truthful picture or video of the product in it its current semi broken state. That will be much worse for the seller.
            Oh, it's "semi broken" now, but you just said - "A bit of the product broke off".

Which one is it then? And how did it break, did you drop it?

Comment

Were you able to get the broken bit out yourself, or was a trip to A&E involved?

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
                Were you able to get the broken bit out yourself, or was a trip to A&E involved?
                Yes it is an electronic vibrating device. That you use on certain parts of your body. How did you guess

Comment

Oh, it's "semi broken" now, but you just said - "A bit of the product broke off".

Which one is it then? And how did it break, did you drop it?
                  Lets say you buy a car and the bumper falls off, in a country where that isnt illegal to drive. The car is still usable. But is also broken. Same for my device.

Comment

Lets say you buy a car and the bumper falls off, in a country where that isnt illegal to drive. The car is still usable.
                    Correct answer for what to do in such case is in the old movie - The Mask.

Comment

If you aren't struggling for money then write in the review the seller has offered you money to remove the review.

If you do need the cash then ask for more money before removing it.

In the past I've been asked to write good reviews by the seller so that ends up in the review.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X