• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What travel list is Portugal on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Yeah right. Going to a green list island in the middle of the Atlantic did not seem like a particularly bad move when we booked it a while back. Having it cancelled for what are genuinely mystifying reasons (Portugal mainland is no worse than UK, Madeira is actually better) is irritating enough, not to mention expensive. Perhaps we should try the Falklands.

But thanks for your constructive opinion.
    All the sensible advice was don't book if the risk of your destination country moving from green would cause you problems. Not being funny here Mal, but the chance of this happening was always going to be high, especially with this lot in charge. It's not like they haven't done it before.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
      Mauve.

There's loads of NHS staff in Portugal right now, some are genuinely having their first holiday since March 2020, I feel for them :/
      My last holiday (anywhere, not just abroad) was 2018, but that doesn't mean I was going to risk foreign travel at this time. I thought we were all supposed to be trying to protect the NHS? Doesn't really help if some of them are not protecting their colleagues

Comment

Like I said somewhere else, we understand the risks involved both when we booked and what they are now. The money is an irritation, the stress and disruption caused by a last-minute change is the seriously annoying part. SWMBO has barely left the house for 18 months or more, this is not just a jolly on the beach (not that Madeira has beaches anyway), more of a mental reset.
        But surely if it was mostly a mental reset, then a UK holiday (you know, support Britain, a bit of flag waving and jingoism) without the added stress and risk of cancellation would have been more sensible anyway?

Comment

When was the last CUK Holiday?

Hopefully mods will publish green list of destinations

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

No, I said it clearly above - Govt should not have allowed foreign holidays to go ahead in the first place, and close borders to anybody who won’t obey strict quarantine
            However this is England, not Russia or China.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              When was the last CUK Holiday?

Hopefully mods will publish green list of destinations
              First sensible thing you've said for months. I like the traffic light system to identify which sites are easy or dangerous to visit

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                However foreign holidays were not allowed for many months - here in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Selective choice there.

Or singapore, or South Korea, or Australia, or New Zealand (probably a lot more ors)

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post

Selective choice there.

Or singapore, or South Korea, or Australia, or New Zealand (probably a lot more ors)
                    Have those places banned you from travelling abroad, or only from coming back?

Comment

Yeah right. Going to a green list island in the middle of the Atlantic did not seem like a particularly bad move when we booked it a while back. Having it cancelled for what are genuinely mystifying reasons (Portugal mainland is no worse than UK, Madeira is actually better) is irritating enough, not to mention expensive. Perhaps we should try the Falklands.

But thanks for your constructive opinion.
                      I'm not sure it was that constructive; some might even call it unsympathetic. But, I'm very strongly of the opinion that people should take responsibility for their own actions.

I'm sure you knew the risks, weighed up the options, and made a decision. Assuming so, it's unfortunate you ended up on the wrong side of a decision, but you can hardly claim it a surprise.
                      Last edited by Paralytic; 4 June 2021, 14:33.

Comment

Working...
                      X