• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

R>1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I dunno about that, after working in a gov dept I'm shocked how much of it is just run by excel
    I've come to the conclusion it is only some SMEs that aren't exclusively run by excel....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The government don't
    I dunno about that, after working in a gov dept I'm shocked how much of it is just run by excel

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

The data is publicly available. Do you know how to use Excel?
    The government don't

Actually, I'm not sure that the total number of tests taken is made available so all the excel skills in the world won't allow you to work the percentage of positive tests if you don't know how many tests were taken.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

A graph showing % positive rates (rather than absolute numbers) would help indicate if any of this is what has happened.
    The data is publicly available. Do you know how to use Excel?

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You don't just get many weeks of 30-40% growth in infection sand then suddely turning into 30-40% drop without any levelling off - does not happen naturally, and if it did then it must be first.

My theory -

1. "Pingdemic" bulltulip in the press and real pings (due to increased infections) made lots of young people delete app, so that they don't get pinged.
    2. Since they don't get pinged they'll be less likely taking a test that would have picked up asymptomatics (more likely among the young).
    3. YUGE DROP IN REPORTED INFECTIONS!

Hospital admissions over next 4-6 weeks should show if this is correct.
    A graph showing % positive rates (rather than absolute numbers) would help indicate if any of this is what has happened.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    AtW is so rarely right about anything, just let him have the pyrrhic victory.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Hospitalisations will level off in about 7-10 days. Maybe high 8s. Won't hit 10.

Certainly not "well above"

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    TestMangler Where is you when one needs?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yeah, and Biden is lost the election, according to you...

Today's numbers for 26 Jul : 5918 in hospital (+1303) on week, 5 days to go, so probably will hit 6500, with +1500 increase per week we'll hit 10k by mid August, so I'll be off by 2 weeks in this case.
    I'll just quote this here.

And you said "well above" not "just getting there"

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Yeah, and Biden is lost the election, according to you...

Today's numbers for 26 Jul : 5918 in hospital (+1303) on week, 5 days to go, so probably will hit 6500, with +1500 increase per week we'll hit 10k by mid August, so I'll be off by 2 weeks in this case.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X