• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What bad would Johnson have to do...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What bad would Johnson have to do...

...to actually cost the Tories any votes?

How about getting a 17-year old girl pregnant? Would that do it?

Or is he now virtually 100% teflon coated and, no matter what bad he does, it won't make much difference?
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

shoot someone on 5th Avenue seems to be a low bar.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I didn't know Boris was up for re-election.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Could be something to do with him having successes in the real world? Many leaders had serious personal flaws, doesn't mean they aren't good at the job. Demanding that anyone in public life has a spotless personal record is really quite ludicrous.

It's all disproportionate point scoring anyway. For example the four people sent to jail in the last sleaze incident over expenses were all Labour MPs...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

If we're talking mainly about the Hartlepool result it has little to do with Boris or even Keir directly. They dropped in a strongly pro-Remain Labour candidate who had been rejected by another constituency to one of the most strongly pro-Brexit constituencies in the country. The Hartlepoolians can hardly see that as anything other than a slap in the face. So somewhat a protest vote.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

For the oop north Labour stronghold regions, it's not what Boris is that is the issue, it's what Labour stand for to the mostly white and poor working classes.

To them Labour are:

Supporting immigration taking low paid work from locals
            Bending the knee to woke liberal values
            Turning the police force into the police service
            Supporting the EU and wanting to rejoin the EU

I might be wrong, but that's my guess?
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
              For the oop north Labour stronghold regions, it's not what Boris is that is the issue, it's what Labour stand for to the mostly white and poor working classes.

To them Labour are:

Supporting immigration taking low paid work from locals
              Bending the knee to woke liberal values
              Turning the police force into the police service
              Supporting the EU and wanting to rejoin the EU

I might be wrong, but that's my guess?
              Hate to admit it, but you're probably quite right. The average British voter is not as dim as some politicians think.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Don't think intelligence has anything to do with it, most people of all IQs vote in their own interests.

As per _V_'s comment, Labour is not what it was. It used to be all about putting the British working class first, now it's all about upper class ideals like globalism.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  ...to actually cost the Tories any votes?

How about getting a 17-year old girl pregnant? Would that do it?

Or is he now virtually 100% teflon coated and, no matter what bad he does, it won't make much difference?
                  Simple, have any sort of opposition for the votes to go to
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Don't think intelligence has anything to do with it, most people of all IQs vote in their own interests.

As per _V_'s comment, Labour is not what it was. It used to be all about putting the British working class first, now it's all about upper class ideals like globalism.
                    Policy should be around

Stopping ALL immigration except for very high earners and the highly educated
                    Investing in a LOT of new social housing
                    Investing in a LOT of free training and vocational skills
                    Better GP healthcare (you can actually see a proper GP when you need to)
                    Not talking about the EU, the harm Brexit is doing, rejoining the EU in any way
                    No more woke stuff (they don't care about Climate Change, Veganism, bending the knee, having 100+ genders)
                    Much cheaper booze

This is the sort of thing the mostly white working / underclass traditional Labour voters WANT.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                    X