• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank of England statement on Central Bank Digital Currency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of England statement on Central Bank Digital Currency

(Taken from the BOE website)

"The Bank of England and HM Treasury have today announced the joint creation of a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) Taskforce to coordinate the exploration of a potential UK CBDC."

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/news...gital-currency

Definitely time to sell

I thought the ads on the Underground marked a low point but this will take it to new depths

Comment

How will they print bitcoin?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        How will they print bitcoin?
        Get their crochet needles out and create their own blockchain?

Comment

Better than a magic money tree, a fictitious money tree, where is the value in this digital illusion of money

Comment

Well, duh, no cash transactions (more tax) and easier to manipulate in boom/bust cycles... what's not for them to like

Comment

Aha now I understand its not BitCoin but BritCoin where an e-pound simply replaces the paper pound so our normal currency in digital form only with none of this wasteful mining business involved

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                Aha now I understand its not BitCoin but BritCoin where an e-pound simply replaces the paper pound so our normal currency in digital form only with none of this wasteful mining business involved
                Doesn't burn as easily in a skip though

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                  How do you roll it up to snort the white stuff?
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

How do you roll it up to snort the white stuff?
                    One of those rollable screens they're developing...

Comment

Working...
                    X