• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it because I isn't black enough?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Makes sense to me. What they basically have is a 'white' character played by a black man. If you're going to create a black character then surely he/she needs to be culturally correct too?

Try not to get too triggered though, eh?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    started a topic Is it because I isn't black enough?

Is it because I isn't black enough?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lack-real.html

BBC diversity chief says Idris Elba's TV detective Luther 'isn't black enough to be real' because 'he doesn't have any black friends and doesn't eat any Caribbean food'
    • Miranda Wayland said the hit BBC crime drama was only superficially diverse
    • Bosses are now looking to portray minority groups in a more convincing way
    • BBC will spend £100m of content budget on diverse programming over 3 years
    seriously?

Working...
X