• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car tyre inflator recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Someone should develop a tyre valve with a small high-pressure release valve on its side that opens slightly and whistles when the correct pressure is reached!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    INKSPE you don't have a proper wolf compressor fitted in the garage with a retractable hose? Pop on a controllable socket in the wings and its easy. Pop some mat underneath to dull the noise.

Car, motorhome tyres, balls, nut wrench, big sander and polisher for bodywork etc.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

Thanks Lance. Just ordered one. Does it have auto-cut off like the digital ones? Searched for its manual/user guide but couldn't fine one.
    That looks like a straight copy (Chinese, ahem...) of my big Ring one for the Motorhome. The problem is that it has a cigar lighter connection; Ring are at pains to point out that this will overload the vehicle electrics and that theirs should only be connected directly to the vehicle battery (easy in the motorhome's case because Fiat platforms have the necessary connection points under the bonnet).

I rather doubt it has an auto stop. It appears to have just a pressure gauge on the pump body (which is less convenient than mine which has it at the valve connection end),

So I have my doubts you have made the best choice...

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    bought one of these at the weekend as my trusty old Chinese one expired.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TIREWELL-12.../dp/B06ZXR9P6R

It's good, as it should be for the price. But I reckon if you buy it cheap you buy it twice.
    Thanks Lance. Just ordered one. Does it have auto-cut off like the digital ones? Searched for its manual/user guide but couldn't fine one.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

It's good, as it should be for the price. But I reckon if you buy it cheap you buy it twice.
    I would be very tempted to connect that to a train-horn for the car.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    What's wrong with a good old fashioned foot pump? Had one of these for 20 years and it's never failed.

You also get a bit of a workout at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Most electric tyre inflators are designed to work for about 5 to 10 minutes at a time. The Michelin ones for around £40 are much stronger and will pump up a complete flat tyre.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    Mrs. is often finding it extremely difficult to inflate her car tyres. She is scared or finding it uncomfortable/difficult using the facilities available at Petrol stations, Supermarkets etc. We tried one from Amazon (can't remember the name). It was working fine, it leaked pressure when detaching the nozzle which made her life even more difficult. Can't remember if the nozzle was screw type or clip-on
    Then just do it for her every few weeks. You can pressure check and inflate the tyres for all the cars in the household, she can do something else e.g. check the oil for all the cars in the household.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    That said how good are your tyres,? All 12 of ours hold their pressure year on year.
    As I found out, if you're having to pump them up often it may be that they are no longer making a good seal on the rims. I don't know if the seal deteriorates with age but I replaced old tyres 18 months ago and I've hardly had to pump the new ones up since.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X