• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car tyre inflator recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Black
    replied
    I've used a Clarke 12v one for years but recently swapped over to a Makita cordless jobby..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Makita-DMP1.../dp/B085M2C6CP

Works a treat and much quicker than the previous.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    I've got two Ring pumps, one for the cars and one for the motorhome (80psi anyone??). Both do the job reliably.

That said how good are your tyres,? All 12 of ours hold their pressure year on year.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    Do you have any DeWalt 18V battery gear? If so I'd recommend the DCC018N.

Leave a comment:

• HoofHearted
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    Mrs. is often finding it extremely difficult to inflate her car tyres. She is scared or finding it uncomfortable/difficult using the facilities available at Petrol stations, Supermarkets etc. We tried one from Amazon (can't remember the name). It was working fine, it leaked pressure when detaching the nozzle which made her life even more difficult. Can't remember if the nozzle was screw type or clip-on

If you are / have been using one successfully, please could you comment the name and the type of nozzle.

Thanks
    When our previous Ring model (bought in 2015) packed up in 2019 I got one of these from Amazon although I see they're not available there any more. Towards the end I had trouble with the Ring getting a good seal, that was a screw-on type whereas the new one clamps onto the valve using a lever. So far this has worked without issue. Both models turn off automatically at the pressure you've chosen.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    Mrs. is often finding it extremely difficult to inflate her car tyres. She is scared or finding it uncomfortable/difficult using the facilities available at Petrol stations, Supermarkets etc. We tried one from Amazon (can't remember the name). It was working fine, it leaked pressure when detaching the nozzle which made her life even more difficult. Can't remember if the nozzle was screw type or clip-on

If you are / have been using one successfully, please could you comment the name and the type of nozzle.

Thanks
    If you are a proper contract you would get your butler/grounds person to inflate the tyres

Seriously Halfords do a good range. And if it's crap you can take it back to them.

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    started a topic Car tyre inflator recommendations

Car tyre inflator recommendations

Thanks
    Last edited by BigDataPro; 6 April 2021, 18:01.

Working...
X