• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't Trust Ford.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't Trust Ford.....

I’m having a strange experience with Trust Ford. I bought a pre-reg car online and paid the deposit and have the receipt from Ford for this. The salesman at my local Ford called me yesterday evening to confirm the purchase and arrange collection. However the ford dealer in another part of the country that the car is with have refused to let me have it as apparently some woman asked for the car to be reserved for her to check with hubby without paying a deposit and called back this morning saying she would like it after all, after my online purchase. Bottom line is that I have paid the deposit and am expecting either that car, or another the same for the same price. It is a cracking price which is why I went for it. It has 300 miles on, there is an almost identical car they are trying to flog me for two grand more which I am not willing to accept.

Has anyone else had a main dealer backing out on a deal?

Are you the poster here that seems to have an endless stream of life problems?

How do you expect someone here to resolve this for you?
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      I’m having a strange experience with Trust Ford. I bought a pre-reg car online and paid the deposit and have the receipt from Ford for this. The salesman at my local Ford called me yesterday evening to confirm the purchase and arrange collection. However the ford dealer in another part of the country that the car is with have refused to let me have it as apparently some woman asked for the car to be reserved for her to check with hubby without paying a deposit and called back this morning saying she would like it after all, after my online purchase. Bottom line is that I have paid the deposit and am expecting either that car, or another the same for the same price. It is a cracking price which is why I went for it. It has 300 miles on, there is an almost identical car they are trying to flog me for two grand more which I am not willing to accept.

Check the terms of your deposit. Contact the dealership and ask them to explain in writing why your deposit didn't secure the car and what they are going to do to compensate you, just returning the deposit isn't enough IMHO. If the dealership is AA or RAC affiliated get them involved both have codes of conduct for the dealer to be approved to use their marque.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

It's an internal Ford issue. Find Ford head office customer service and get them to resolve the issue.

But don't hold out any hope of it going the way you want.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          Are you the poster here that seems to have an endless stream of life problems?

How do you expect someone here to resolve this for you?
          The point of Wilmslow is to make even grumpiest posters on here feel a bit better about their own life...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

The point of Wilmslow is to make even grumpiest posters on here feel a bit better about their own life...
            You are just here to scare the squirrels?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

It's an internal Ford issue. Find Ford head office customer service and get them to resolve the issue.

But don't hold out any hope of it going the way you want.
              Dealerships are independent of Ford, but you can always try the "besmirching the brand" angle with CS, that might get some action.

Comment

Don't review them on Trust Pilot...

Comment

Don't buy a tulip car. Actually it appears you haven't in this case, you've been saved from your own ineptitude by someone who knows better - Again.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I know of other people who have had similar issues with other car dealers.

In short if you aren't local to where they car actually is, they don't care if they screw you over as they expect repeat business from from local people.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X