• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The end of the world.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of the world.

Having more time than usual, I am guilty of reading comments on twitter.

The Social Media will be the end of the world. Not Climate Change, Pandemics, Nuclear War.

Seems to get worse every day.

It is like an asylum. Almost everyone is insane.

Extreme left or Extreme Right.

Nuance is dead. Centralists are a dying breed.

Comment

Almost never see extreme right on Twitter, must be the accounts I follow. Plenty of left beating up normies who aren't that interested in politics though. Genuine tolerance is in short supply these days, even the school run is a gauntlet of envy and resentment. The mask is pretty good for avoiding conversation though.

Comment

90% of twatter traffic is from

Politicians
        Activists
        Celebrities
        Journalists

Who make up 10% of tweeters. (But 99% of twits). We only know what goes on for those in the last category. If they'd just STFU it would die.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Think I need to take a break from twitter. However I do not post anything.

The actor Alec Baldwin made we laugh when he described twitter 'is where all the a**holes in the United States and beyond go to get their advanced degrees in a**holiness.'

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Nuance is dead. Centralists are a dying breed.
            They got caught in the crossfire

Comment

Never seen the point in Twitter. Neither Mrs W or I had an account. I never wanted to post a picture of my dinner, and I have no interest in hearing the ramblings of semi-famous nobodies.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                I have no interest in hearing the ramblings of semi-famous nobodies.
                You don't have time, you're the one with Veteran filling the airways here.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Never seen the point in Twitter. Neither Mrs W or I had an account. I never wanted to post a picture of my dinner, and I have no interest in hearing the ramblings of semi-famous nobodies.
                  Instagram is where you post pictures of your dinner.

Twitter is where you complain to the customer service departments of companies who won't give you a refund.

HTH

Comment

I blame Meghan Markle.

Comment

Working...
                    X