• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris burrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris burrow

On the basis that
    NHS track and Trace(not NHS) app costs us so far £37B that does not work.
    HS2 currently estimated at over £100B to cut the time of London to Birmingham by 20 mins!

How much do you reckon a tunnel from Scotland to NI will end up costing?

Doctor Evil appears in my head - saying 1 hundred billion trillion .

Assuming they tunnel the correct way and don't end up in Norway 20 years later.

Why did I think it was going to be a bridge? I dozed through something on the radio about this, this morning.

Comment

Bridge was the first idea - then they looked at the map and realised it will be closed due to weather for a fair few days, plus the chemical weapons buried along the route (was great idea at the time), but ultimately burrow had bugger appeal to the blonde Russian mole...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Why did I think it was going to be a bridge? I dozed through something on the radio about this, this morning.
        It was and then someone pointed out the Irish Sea isn't all that calm and we have a tunnelling machine left over somewhere.

We need to build our way out of this recession a new golden age of Engineering & Innovation.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

By the time it's completed there's a good chance the UK will have built a tunnel between two countries which are no longer part of the UK. If that's not a good reason to scrap the idea right now, I don't know what is.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Please, please, please, vote out these clowns that have bankrupted this country. These Tories have done in a few short years what it takes Labour decades to do.
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
              Please, please, please, vote out these clowns that have bankrupted this country. These Tories have done in a few short years what it takes Labour decades to do.
              And how do you feel about ConLabDems?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

And how do you feel about ConLabDems?

I like anything that doesn't involve a bunch of criminals calling themselves Conservative stealing and wasting public money.
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I like anything that doesn't involve a bunch of criminals calling themselves Conservative stealing and wasting public money.
                  Have you ever lived in Swindon?

Comment

Might of voted labour if they had put up a decent centrist team, promising no tax rises.

McDonnell as chancellor, as hard to imagine would have been even worse than Sunnak. In 2006, McDonnell said that "Marx, Lenin and Trotsky" were his "most significant" intellectual influences.

Top rate of Income tax, Inheritance Tax, CGT would be 50%+ now, and corptax atleast 35% under McDonnell.

He would have had the cover to do all the above in order to pay for his Covid bailout bill which would have even higher than Sunaks.

The £20 a week uplift to benefits that Tories have done, would have been £200 a week under Corybn and McDonnel.

Comment

Working...
                    X