• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Team Meghan or Team Palace ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saptastic
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

So of all the accusations this is the only racist part?

Yes from what I could tell you are right:

That is the issue when you break it down to facts - there was one flawed comment made by a member of the family.
    Of which we don't know any context.

And Meghan unfortunately found it very difficult especially as a new mum.

But much of the undertone or interpretation of this interview on social media etc was and is generally about victimisation and race.
    Which the facts just do not back up. Simple.

They wanted and wanted and didn't get their own way in the end and they feel that they have been treated badly so have lashed out.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

The last remark is racism. You don't raise "concerns" about what skin colour of an unborn child who isn't white to the parents.

Harry made it clear it wasn't his grandfather, Prince Philip, and it was more than once.
    So of all the accusations this is the only racist part?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

OK quick thought experiment what if Harry had married Britney Spears? Which of the accusations would have changed? I can only think of 2 base accusations that might.

Apart from a inferred background of racism in her speech only 2/3 I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) were actually directly attributed to racism.

1. Archie won't be a prince because he isn't white.
    2. Because Archie won't be a Prince we wont get protection.
    3. Someone who we wont identify in the Royal Family asked what shade the baby will be.

1 & 2 have been proven to be based wholly on law not racism.

3 I suspect the incident is known and it was more of a gauche remark than actual racism. Its also over a year old and a single incident. I am sure racist things have been said to Meghan mainly by the public but I would be amazed if Phil the Gaffe had not put his foot in it and indeed a few others as they are not the most diverse family. But I'm sure Harry has had the Ginger jokes.

The last remark is racism. You don't raise "concerns" about what skin colour of an unborn child who isn't white to the parents.

Harry made it clear it wasn't his grandfather, Prince Philip, and it was more than once.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

NAT's probably pointing out that there are less complaints about you than some other posters.
    OK quick thought experiment what if Harry had married Britney Spears? Which of the accusations would have changed? I can only think of 2 base accusations that might.

Apart from a inferred background of racism in her speech only 2/3 I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) were actually directly attributed to racism.

1. Archie won't be a prince because he isn't white.
    2. Because Archie won't be a Prince we wont get protection.
    3. Someone who we wont identify in the Royal Family asked what shade the baby will be.

1 & 2 have been proven to be based wholly on law not racism.

3 I suspect the incident is known and it was more of a gauche remark than actual racism. Its also over a year old and a single incident. I am sure racist things have been said to Meghan mainly by the public but I would be amazed if Phil the Gaffe had not put his foot in it and indeed a few others as they are not the most diverse family. But I'm sure Harry has had the Ginger jokes.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Excellent! I agree with Br14:

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

I bow to your greater expertise!
    NAT's probably pointing out that there are less complaints about you than some other posters.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Riiight - all and sundry. Who rattled your cage? I teased vetran once about being bigotted and not very bright, but I don't think he's particularly racist.
    I bow to your greater expertise!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    This will be another one of those threads where "Notallthere" will accuse all and sundry of being racist if they don't wholeheartedly agree with him.
    Riiight - all and sundry. Who rattled your cage? I teased vetran once about being bigotted and not very bright, but I don't think he's particularly racist.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

Following your tactic of attack is the best defence. You accused me of racism because I didn't like the Sussex's behaviour and one of them is BAME therefore in your eyes questioning their actions must be racist.

As you based your decision on the colour of her skin not the facts as I was attempting to you therefore must be the racist. Simple really.

Its the thing with the cancel culture if they don't agree with your questions (not even the answers) they accuse you of racism etc. to invalidate your opinions. It works for BLM, Sex & Race equality, Slavery, Mental health etc.
    OK. Well done.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X