• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Team Meghan or Team Palace ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Sorry in her own words in that disgusting tabloid - Elle

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebri...rah-interview/
    Seems a fair enough comment to me. I see nothing wrong with what she said.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I was very pleased that they'd diversify the Royal Family and it could have a very positive effect on other mixed race couples and their offspring. I still think she's a whiny woke American, and he's just daft.
    Spot on. I did wonder if it would end well him marrying a starlet, divorced, American woman on past history. I didn't think the black part would be important, it seems it is to some.

For avoidance of doubt we are all mixed race, whether you believe in an Abrahamic Deity or evolution it all starts with Eve. Not sure about Bhuddism etc. but I have never heard "other <deity> made 30 different shades, some with really curly hair and they were good" do tell me if I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Going to caveat this first and say I haven't seen the interview, haven't seen any transcripts of the interview, and most of what I have seen are snippets on tv news channels that I'm half watching ..... but ....

From what little I have seen I didn't think Harry and Meghan were accusing the royal family of being racist. They called out one person who clearly made a racist comment (although in the Royal person's mind as in some posters on here they may not understand why what they say is racist). Harry and Meghan seem to be calling out the institution that surrounds the royal family as being outdated and uncaring, which I don't think is a surprise to anyone.

The "they are racist" comment was made by Harry about the UK media and specifically the tabloids. Now, I know certain tabloids are very pro Royal, but when I last looked I didn't think the Queen was editor in chief of the Fail.
    Sorry in her own words in that disgusting tabloid - Elle

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebri...rah-interview/

The idea that "the first member of color in this family isn't being titled in the same way as other grandchildren would be," that was a huge piece of what made the decision so upsetting.
    "Was there concern that if he was too brown that that would be a problem?"

Meghan answered, "I wasn't able to follow up with why but if that's the assumption you're making, I think that would be a safe one."

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

The last remark is racism. You don't raise "concerns" about what skin colour of an unborn child who isn't white to the parents.

Harry made it clear it wasn't his grandfather, Prince Philip, and it was more than once.
    It's an irregular verb.

I was curious what the skin colour would be of the gorgeous mixed race child.
    You raised concerns over the skin colour
    He is a racist bigot.

It really does depend on the exact wording. Which we'll never know for sure.

I think it is great that H&M* are mixed race (see my sig.). I was very pleased that they'd diversify the Royal Family and it could have a very positive effect on other mixed race couples and their offspring. I still think she's a whiny woke American, and he's just daft.

* Private Eye, who nicknamed Charles as Brian and The Queen as Brenda, declined to nickname Harry and Meghan, since H&M basically tells you all you need to know... :-D

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Going to caveat this first and say I haven't seen the interview, haven't seen any transcripts of the interview, and most of what I have seen are snippets on tv news channels that I'm half watching ..... but ....

From what little I have seen I didn't think Harry and Meghan were accusing the royal family of being racist. They called out one person who clearly made a racist comment (although in the Royal person's mind as in some posters on here they may not understand why what they say is racist). Harry and Meghan seem to be calling out the institution that surrounds the royal family as being outdated and uncaring, which I don't think is a surprise to anyone.

The "they are racist" comment was made by Harry about the UK media and specifically the tabloids. Now, I know certain tabloids are very pro Royal, but when I last looked I didn't think the Queen was editor in chief of the Fail.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

You still haven't pop over to the Boris is a liar thread to add your obvious expertise to his pack of lies. Or do you only get triggered when some people lie, and not others?
    Boris lying? shocked shocked I tell you. Was that the chap that has been sacked twice for lying and doesn't know how many kids he has? I will pop over and do the necessary then. Honestly I was trying to get some work done but if CUK needs me.

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied

You missed they took my passport and driving licence off me. Border control is a bit rubbish she flew ~13 times around the world on holiday without a passport.

Oh yeah sorry. Missed that important one.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

You missed they took my passport and driving licence off me. Border control is a bit rubbish she flew ~13 times around the world on holiday without a passport.
    You still haven't pop over to the Boris is a liar thread to add your obvious expertise to his pack of lies. Or do you only get triggered when some people lie, and not others?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Reposting her list of gripes and most are personal/family issues but the whole interview was framed as a victim.

- my dad let me down (and I wont forgive him)
    - all my other family members have let me down (except my mum)
    - my husbands family let me down
    - Kate made me cry.........once
    - a relative of my husband made an completely inappropriate comment once (race element)
    - the taxpayer wont pay £20m a year for security in Los Angeles
    - No one taught me how to be a royal
    - Living in lockdown is similar to my royal lifestyle
    - My dad in law has stopped paying all our bills
    - The palace PR and HR were all against me
    - the £30m wedding was for other people
    - they said Archie would have no security
    - Tabloids are cruel (agreed!) but I dont read them anyway

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Reposting her list of gripes and most are personal/family issues but the whole interview was framed as a victim.

- my dad let me down (and I wont forgive him)
    - all my other family members have let me down (except my mum)
    - my husbands family let me down
    - Kate made me cry.........once
    - a relative of my husband made an completely inappropriate comment once (race element)
    - the taxpayer wont pay £20m a year for security in Los Angeles
    - No one taught me how to be a royal
    - Living in lockdown is similar to my royal lifestyle
    - My dad in law has stopped paying all our bills
    - The palace PR and HR were all against me
    - the £30m wedding was for other people
    - they said Archie would have no security
    - Tabloids are cruel (agreed!) but I dont read them anyway
    Last edited by saptastic; 11 March 2021, 11:57.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X