• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should transwomen be able to compete in women's sports?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post

Ridiculous statement. I identify as a billionaire but in reality I'm just a poor IT contractor who can't wait for retirement to escape the rat-race.

I used to identify as a musician, until I found I couldn't write music that well, likewise a motorbike racer, until I found I wasn't loose of enough screws to be successful (although did get a podium in an endurance race once).

We can all identify as someone else.

I give you a quote from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams:

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Where do peeps stand on allowing FTM (female to male) trans atheletes to compete against women?

Here's an example, Mack Beggs, a FTM wrestler from Texas (top in the image - look at the size those arms! )
      Presumably to trans from female to male you need to have hormone/testosterone treatment. This is a banned substance in international sport. So seems the answer should be pretty clear ... ?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Only a fat, unhealthy person who has never won anything in his life would have this view. MF, is that you?
        In a selection of nerds I am sure there is more than one, we just wind up MF the most.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

In a selection of nerds I am sure there is more than one, we just wind up MF the most.
          Quite true, but I didn't want to embarrass you

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post

Ridiculous statement. I identify as a billionaire but in reality I'm just a poor IT contractor who can't wait for retirement to escape the rat-race.
            That's because you haven't redefined 'billionaire' correctly.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The problems go far beyond professional sports

https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p...hKuuGMBQ9DIfg0

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I'd actually say yes they should for all these .... but the next question is, should these shortlists exist in the modern world, and if so do we need shortlists fot all the 'new' categories that I can't recall!
                These lists have helped balance the sexes and races after a fashion by bringing writers etc. that weren't willing to challenge the men. We have gained some excellent writers because we searched and encouraged them. Maybe a few more BAME and transgender writers would help society? I don't have to read them and as a man I would suggest it is level playing field for competitors if there is a truly equal contest of the winners in the sales figures.

Were I a female athlete I would be very disappointed if I lost to a MTF transgender as its quite obvious that it is not a level playing field.

Treating transgender people as their intended gender for everything is very challenging.

As posted above the statistics suggest transgender prisoners are far more likely to sexually abuse other prisoners. I would imagine similar will happen in refuges & changing areas/bathrooms. Sick men (and women) will find a way to feed their perversion.

If the decision is based on a completed sex change then that would be ok with the proper precautions.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

These lists have helped balance the sexes and races after a fashion by bringing writers etc. that weren't willing to challenge the men. We have gained some excellent writers because we searched and encouraged them. Maybe a few more BAME and transgender writers would help society? I don't have to read them and as a man I would suggest it is level playing field for competitors if there is a truly equal contest of the winners in the sales figures.

Were I a female athlete I would be very disappointed if I lost to a MTF transgender as its quite obvious that it is not a level playing field.

Treating transgender people as their intended gender for everything is very challenging.

As posted above the statistics suggest transgender prisoners are far more likely to sexually abuse other prisoners. I would imagine similar will happen in refuges & changing areas/bathrooms. Sick men (and women) will find a way to feed their perversion.

If the decision is based on a completed sex change then that would be ok with the proper precautions.
                  Even then, given the biological advantages that males have had of going through puberty and being naturally pumped full of testosterone, the levels of this take time to drop to a "womanly" level. There are so many girls in the USA being denied college scholarships because they're finishing behind biological males who identify as females. Biden's made it worse for them by actively facilitating it.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Even then, given the biological advantages that males have had of going through puberty and being naturally pumped full of testosterone, the levels of this take time to drop to a "womanly" level. There are so many girls in the USA being denied college scholarships because they're finishing behind biological males who identify as females. Biden's made it worse for them by actively facilitating it.
                    Very interesting point about even with testosterone levels the limit for a trans person is 10 microwhatevers yet still the average woman has 2 to 3. So still three times the advantage even with a cap.

There is no way to create a fair comparison. It's apples n pears. It's impossible... So think of something else.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm pleasantly surprised at the votes in this poll (94% "no" at time of writing)

I think probably the most fair way to include "all genders" would be to keep "Women's" sport as "born female, stayed female" (reworded to be as politically correct as possible) and recategorise "Mens" to "Open / All".

If you want/need/decide to change from male to female then good on you and I definitely support peoples right to live how they want to live, but if you want to compete you'll still be competing against the best men

Comment

Working...
                      X