• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How will 'chipageddon' affect you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Scan are telling me my mo-bo will be shipped today
    GPU was always planned for later this year to give that market time to settle.

Will be nice to actually get this pc built, having the case here empty during lock down has meant it’s got decorated...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    At some point I will upgrade my desktop PC but everything I have at the moment is sufficient for what I use it for.

The desktop upgrade is a purely a fantasy/vanity upgrade as I keep thinking I'll get back into gaming.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I was hoping to set up a passive IR camera and motion sensor on my Raspberry Pi. But one can't currently get hold of the IR sensor chips, such as the MLX90640 sensor for love nor money, as they are all being sold for use in thermal covid-infection-checking handheld IR thermometers!
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 5 February 2021, 10:19.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Which one do you have? I've just got a new XPS15-9500 touch. But a mere 32GB.
    A have the same one as NAT! I must upgrade now.

BTW for memory upgrades you can use this link Crucial System Scanner . And BP posts something useful!

I was going to bin with 2*8GB. As there is a chip shortage I might sell it. I just wish I had bought more than one PS5.,..

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Which one do you have? I've just got a new XPS15-9500 touch. But a mere 32GB.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    started a topic How will 'chipageddon' affect you?

How will 'chipageddon' affect you?

How will '''chipageddon''' affect you? - BBC News

Just got 64GB for my brand new Dell XPS15. Slightly weird as we are cloud based. But developing the code that sits in the cloud takes quite a few resources.

Suck it up losers.....

Working...
X