• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How will 'chipageddon' affect you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Top end 5950X I hope...
    5900 cpu
    ASUs dark hero mo bo
    32gb ddr4, 3600 ram
    2tb rocket m2 ssd
    AIO cpu cooler
    Lots of fans (some led ones )
    Thermal take view 71 case
    Will reuse my 2080 gpu for now will be upgraded to a 3090 this year

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Yes
    Top end 5950X I hope...

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Zen 3?
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Scan are telling me my mo-bo will be shipped today
    GPU was always planned for later this year to give that market time to settle.

Will be nice to actually get this pc built, having the case here empty during lock down has meant it’s got decorated...
    Zen 3?

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I will share photos later, can’t seem to do Flickr links from my phone

To warn you it’s girly, OTT and not finished

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    How will '''chipageddon''' affect you? - BBC News

Just got 64GB for my brand new Dell XPS15. Slightly weird as we are cloud based. But developing the code that sits in the cloud takes quite a few resources.

Suck it up losers.....
    That's the same as what my client sent me, with the 4K UHD IPS screen too. Has a 1TB NMVe drive which is already full.

Had to order another server at Christmas with 2 processors in as the original only had 1, took longer than normal and yes, it was hardware shortages but they somehow managed to prioritise it for us and will be shipping it to Vegas today

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    There may be an untpapped niche for 3d printed PC cases based on fantasy items.

Until now gamers thought a few led lights were the state of the art.
    Until now?? They still do!

All the vloggers still cram their cases with twinkly lights all over the place when they're doing a build.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied

Will be nice to actually get this pc built, having the case here empty during lock down has meant it’s got decorated...

There may be an untpapped niche for 3d printed PC cases based on fantasy items.

Until now gamers thought a few led lights were the state of the art.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Dodged it by buying the previous gen AMD Ryzen 3900 (12 core/24 thread) while it was still current gen, seeing as the new gen are way more expensive and in short supply. Built the whole thing for not much more than the cost of just a 5900X which appears to be out of stock everywhere anyway.

Only got 32gb, though with it being my WFH laptop (i.e. a desktop) I have 2 more spare slots if ever need more ram.

To be honest it's overkill for most of my needs but for the relatively low price may as well go large.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X