• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Nigel Farage warns Democrats: If you 'martyr' Donald Trump what follows 'could be ver

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #21
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    What you seem to be implying is that the Democrats should now adopt Trump's policies. The 80 million Democrat voters are not disaffected by mainstream policies. In other words your view of how to treat the cancer is not shared by the Democrat voters.

    In a democracy the losers should accept the result.
    Bollocks, I never implied that in the slightest. After 4 years of the clown in charge it was still a narrow victory, why are so many people voting for Trump is my point, and no I don't have the full answer. That needs sorting, btw can you vouch that every single one of the democrat voters is not disaffected?
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

    Comment


      #22
      Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      Bollocks, I never implied that in the slightest. After 4 years of the clown in charge it was still a narrow victory, why are so many people voting for Trump is my point, and no I don't have the full answer. That needs sorting, btw can you vouch that every single one of the democrat voters is not disaffected?
      First past the post system that’s why - it leads to two party system, and if it so happens that extreme wings control them then you get Trump and Boris

      Comment


        #23
        Originally posted by AtW View Post
        He argues that Trump should be left alone because of that



        If Hitler was put into jail for 20 years for his beer putch then a lot of bad things would not have happened, same thing here.

        You know it wasn't just Hitler? Even if they had taken him out of the game something would still have happened because of Public feeling. Possibly decades later but it needed to explode.

        Who knows, we could have had the Goebbels or Drexler youth? They might even be more competent and subdued most of Europe before attacking Russia.
        "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

        I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

        Comment


          #24
          Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          Bollocks, I never implied that in the slightest. After 4 years of the clown in charge it was still a narrow victory, why are so many people voting for Trump is my point, and no I don't have the full answer. That needs sorting, btw can you vouch that every single one of the democrat voters is not disaffected?
          You always have disaffected voters. Just check out any era. That's what democracy is all about. There's no magic recipe.

          I think you'll find the "remoaniacs" in the UK consider themselves disaffected, but those advocating that politicians resolve the issues of "disaffected" voters only mean themselves. It's just a selfish attitude to politics, that needs to be confronted.
          I'm alright Jack

          Comment


            #25
            It’s about role of personality in politics - some got much bigger talents to fook things up, so taking out Hitler would have made things better - that’s a note to my next time travel, and if you argue ever again about it then this argument will not have happened...

            Comment


              #26
              Trump is easy to explain. The USA voted for someone famous from a reality TV show who claims a $3bn fortune that largely doesn't exist, spent 5 years (including the campaign) telling lies about his opponents, his achievements and how great America was becoming while simultaneously buggering up the economy, failing to deal with Covid and ruining the USA's reputation across the world. Since this is a country where the majority don't have passports and their press doesn't bother to report on events outside the USA, it's easy to see why his support persists: people genuinely think he's doing the job he says he is, as opposed to the one he has been doing.

              Add to that the very natural desire for other Republican politicians to retain their seats and hence their very lucrative power base, where we are now is very obvious. There are signs of a split in the party that may mean Trump isn't re-selected as a candidate in future, (although he has several equally appalling relatives who could be) but not that the impeachment is going to happen in the Senate.
              Blog? What blog...?

              Comment


                #27
                Could we genuinely see a 3-party system emerge? I somehow don't see Trump wanting to spend another 4 years campaigning even if he can avoid legal challenges. But then the man seems to have boundless energy - for anyone let alone someone his age - so perhaps.

                USA is really only an adolescent though, so could we see all this as growing pains?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

                Comment


                  #28
                  Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Trump is easy to explain. The USA voted for someone famous from a reality TV show who claims a $3bn fortune that largely doesn't exist, spent 5 years (including the campaign) telling lies about his opponents, his achievements and how great America was becoming while simultaneously buggering up the economy, failing to deal with Covid and ruining the USA's reputation across the world. Since this is a country where the majority don't have passports and their press doesn't bother to report on events outside the USA, it's easy to see why his support persists: people genuinely think he's doing the job he says he is, as opposed to the one he has been doing.

                  Add to that the very natural desire for other Republican politicians to retain their seats and hence their very lucrative power base, where we are now is very obvious. There are signs of a split in the party that may mean Trump isn't re-selected as a candidate in future, (although he has several equally appalling relatives who could be) but not that the impeachment is going to happen in the Senate.
                  Brexit is easy to explain. Examples include prawn cocktail crisps.

                  Comment


                    #29
                    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Could we genuinely see a 3-party system emerge? I somehow don't see Trump wanting to spend another 4 years campaigning even if he can avoid legal challenges. But then the man seems to have boundless energy - for anyone let alone someone his age - so perhaps.

                    USA is really only an adolescent though, so could we see all this as growing pains?
                    That's a good question, however it looks like the Republicans who voted for impeachment will be replaced. This means that the Republican party will probably remain "Trumpian". If so I think the Democrats will have an easy ride into the next election as moderate Republicans switch to the Democrats.
                    I'm alright Jack

                    Comment


                      #30
                      Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Brexit is easy to explain. Examples include prawn cocktail crisps.
                      Pointlessly stupid intervention again. Many thanks.
                      Blog? What blog...?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X