• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any weekend plans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whorty
    replied
    TFA

Need to do a couple of bike rides (on Zwift) as the new race league starts on Tuesday and I've not ridden much over the past couple of months for obvious reasons. We have a team of 6 so I need to pull my weight!

Hoping to get a call off estate agents - contacted a couple of them Monday for valuations so I can sell. They valued Tuesday. I appointed on Wednesday. First viewing (even though no details yet) on Thursday with an offer Thursday evening It was higher than my own valuation, but lower than the 2 estate agent valuations, so I'm pushing for a bit more ..... hence hoping I have some negotiations today.

Apart from that, a quiet day. With businesses shut over the weekend I can have a rest from funeral planning etc.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    TFA but will probably be doing SFA although...

Make chocolate chip cookies
    Make tomato sauces
    Go for a walk or two
    Do a spot of work
    Watch this to learn a few new words to use on CUK: https://www.netflix.com/de-en/title/81305757
    Sounds like a plan. I have bread in the bread maker. Scones planned. And the damson gin is ready so I have a pile of gin soaked damsons to make apple and damson crumble with for this evening. And more puppy beach time!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    TFA but will probably be doing SFA although...

Make chocolate chip cookies
    Make tomato sauces
    Go for a walk or two
    Do a spot of work
    Watch this to learn a few new words to use on CUK: https://www.netflix.com/de-en/title/81305757

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    TFA

Take blood pressure monitor back to the shop this morning to get it fixed under warranty. Transfer chicken curry cooked yesterday afternoon and left to mature to my römertopf. Add fresh coriander and bung in the oven for a couple of hours this afternoon.

Sunday chat with our neighbours about the meeting we're going to have with the developers who want to knock down the flats on two sides of us and building something larger and a lot nearer to our houses. It exceeds local planning zone regulations, so it's in the developers' interests to try to reach a compromise with us. They must have our agreement or go to court against the local planning department - which will cause considerable delay and cost to them, without inconveniencing us one jot.

But we want to reach agreement, as the new buildings, apart from being too close and high for comfort look a lot better than what's currently there.

Probably go walking if the sun continues to shine.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    started a topic Any weekend plans?

Any weekend plans?

Beautiful morning here so making the most of it.

Working...
X