• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ultra secure cybersecurity company hacked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogerfederer
    replied
    See my post here:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2840784

The highest likelihood is Russia, for a number of reasons, including the modus operandi.

FireEye being attacked - knowing them, as I do - is incredible and impressive. The list of public entities and private companies is so large that I am genuinely worried that core financial institutions we need to operate the UK and USA may be severely affected. It isn't the hack that is the issue, it is the customized nature of it and the likelihood of one hack just being the entry to a highly secure range of networks. Other malware and vulnerabilities are often placed silently in a range of services whilst the floodgates are open.

The floodgates have been open for many months.

The lack of discussion here about this has made me realize that even technical contractors don't yet understand the seriousness of what has occurred. If you're working at a client site now you should be getting a team readied TODAY to tackle the outcome of this IF they have had SolarWinds or have recently decommissioned and removed it from the network.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It's a false flag operation, which is self-evident from the Glorious Russian Leaders' image put onto new 100 dollar bill.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Exclusive: U.S. Treasury breached by hackers backed by foreign government - sources | Reuters

The hack is so serious it led to a National Security Council meeting at the White House on Saturday, said one of the people familiar with the matter.
    Chiiiiiiiiiina!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    It might have been the UK, but they offshored it.
    No, because if it was the case it would have been an expensive failure

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    At least the UK is ruled out.
    It might have been the UK, but they offshored it.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    At least the UK is ruled out.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Chinese hackers don't care about tulip being attributed to them

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    started a topic Ultra secure cybersecurity company hacked

Ultra secure cybersecurity company hacked

Cybersecurity giant FireEye says it was hacked by a nation-state - Business Insider

FireEye, one of the world's leading cybersecurity firms, disclosed Tuesday that its systems were hacked by "a nation with top-tier offensive capabilities."

The firm has been on the forefront of the fight against cybercriminals for years, tracking advanced threat actors and defending companies and government agencies against cyberattacks.

The hackers compromised FireEye and stole its internal hacking tools using "a novel combination of techniques not witnessed by us or our partners in the past," CEO Kevin Mandia said in a blog post Tuesday.

FireEye did not disclose how or when the attack occured, or who could have been behind it. But the FBI is now investigating Russian state-backed hackers in connection with the attack, the New York Times reported.
    Russians getting the blame. I guess it could be a false flag operation by the Chinese.

Working...
X