• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How's your weekend been?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    And all the trimmings I trust?
    Enough to ensure I'll not eat again until leftovers tomorrow lunch time!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Studying. On second module of an MBA. Fun factor is low

Roast Beef Brisket for dinner
    And all the trimmings I trust? Had a wonderful piece of beef the other day. Used wasabi as a substitute for horseradish. The sad thing is we can't shop in France and their potatoes are way better than Swiss or German for roasts.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

So - what you lot been up to, and what's for dinner?
    Studying. On second module of an MBA. Fun factor is low

Roast Beef Brisket for dinner

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    started a topic How's your weekend been?

How's your weekend been?

My wife and I have stinking colds (but not covid-19), so been a bit limited. Went to a Serbian friend's place last night, dosed up on brandy and ibuprofen. It was her 50th birthday (young whippersnapper). The limit here is ten, so it was me, my kids (well, 2 of them), them and their kids + their kids' boy/girlfriends. Champagne followed by quite a few shots of Serbian best schnapps. And a lot of really stodgy Serbian food to mop it up. Woke up without any cold symptoms and no hangover. But feeling a bit rundown now.

Whorty and I agreed to bury the hatchet. Between my ears.

Dinner tonight will be burgers from the butcher, with baked beans and bubble and squeak. Cooking the sprouts for the B&S now. But I think I've got some cooked cabbage in the fridge.

Meanwhile watching my cat who appears to be competing for the title of "best imitator of a stuffed cat". Partly it's the fact she sleeps with her eyes open, but mainly it's that she sleeps on her back.

So - what you lot been up to, and what's for dinner?

Working...
X