• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fair Cop...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AtW
    replied
    Mods change the thread title to Fired Cop...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Has Celeb Shoplifter Richard Madeley made any comment on self-service checkouts?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    How is this even a story? And how did anyone even find out?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Update to the story:-

He's been sacked.

Apparently, his claim was unbelivable.

Oh good, they normally keep bent cops on until it becomes so ridiculous the most of the public start ridiculing them.

Whilst i agree the supermarkets abuse their customers (and staff) with self checkout this is clearly fraudulent activity.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Update to the story:-

He's been sacked.

Apparently, his claim was unbelivable.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    That would explain whey he swapped goose grease for lube - something to do with NAT.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    does he ask his Accountant for help?
    That would explain whey he swapped goose grease for lube - something to do with VAT.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I send my cheap vegetable round to do the shopping for me while I put my feet up.

does he ask his Accountant for help?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    People stealing avocados from supermarket self-service checkouts by pretending they'''re carrots | The Independent | The Independent

“I was working with retailers to reduce shoplifting when one major supermarket discovered it had sold more carrots than it had ever had in stock."

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It is quite a common scam that people weigh an expensive item on the self-service tills instead of scanning the barcode and select a cheap root vegetable.
    Charge turnips as potatoes?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X