• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London perm salaries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    No one has ever seen us all in the same room at the same time .... so who knows?
    What about the Lemon Party photos?! All three of you!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    I could not agree more!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

I'm with me, sorry you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I drink when I can, and I'm the better man

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
    I was wondering if Whorty == OldGreg == WTFH
    No one has ever seen us all in the same room at the same time .... so who knows?

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    It wouldn't be the first time on here where someone has their sockie post agreements to their own posts when everyone else thinks they're bonkers wrong
    I could not agree more!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I agree WTFHorty.
    You've always been my favourite MOD

You don't get paid anywhere near enough - I vote we double your pay

Leave a comment:

• LondonPM1
    replied
    I was suspecting whether PermMCCon = LondonPM1

It wouldn't be the first time on here where someone has their sockie post agreements to their own posts when everyone else thinks they're bonkers wrong
    I was wondering if Whorty == OldGreg == WTFH

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

I agree WTFHorty.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Apologies about the 15 years business, the two of you just merged into a single whiny pole choker.
    I was suspecting whether PermMCCon = LondonPM1

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Nope. This in General.
    Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
    after 15 years financial experience 9 of which was a contractor I can tell you that contracting seems well and truly finished - If it wasnt covid it was all the IR35 changes and if it wasnt that it was brexit and roles being moved to the EU

I always laughed when reading this site when people would say they reason they were contractors was because they could not put up with "permie performance ratings" I found that hilarious given it was twice a year and often thought it was secret code for convicning themselves of something

For me contracting was always about the money and the take home pay - I never in my life thought it was anything else

Trying to go perm now is not because I want to but because contracting for banks is finished and the rates are gone and the tax breaks are gone

Am I safer as a perm in a bank - No
    Am I poorer as a perm from take home - Yes
    Ahh, at last! - it's in general!

i hate agreeing with OG, but the OP is a whingeing
    or just a braggart.
    either way, FOLPM1

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    You have to remember Greg that most of us are tulip & contracting gave us the opportunity to remain one step ahead by moving when close to getting made as incompetent by client co. Permidom will be hard.

That & the money.
    That's certainly most of the contractors I've worked with over the years

I laugh when I read on here that contractors are somehow more superior to permies, when my experience is that most contractors are working that way because they can't get a perm role

Leave a comment:

Working...
X