• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How forthcoming are you required to be to the police?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Tell them you're off to the donut shop, they'll understand
    No, that's CID.

Kebab shop for beat cops

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Under current rules non-essential travel can be legally enforced/fined. This potentially means you are at the mercy of some local copper who takes it into their mind to decide what is essential, we've already seen our council licking their lips at the unprecedented level of control

So if an officer asks you what you're doing, what are you required to say? Rather than explain which shop you're going to for what, etc, etc, can you simply answer "I'm off to buy essential supplies" or "I'm providing support to vulnerable people"? Is that sufficient or can they insist you go into detail?
    I've never really had any dealings with the police but I don't want to be bickering to defend the 12 bottles of red I bought from Oddbins, etc Neither do I want to be rude or seem suspicious, I just want to be firm and polite and not volunteer more than I need.

You lot are obstinate and hate authority, so you can probably offer advice.
    Tell them you're off to the donut shop, they'll understand

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    stay at home.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    started a topic How forthcoming are you required to be to the police?

How forthcoming are you required to be to the police?

Under current rules non-essential travel can be legally enforced/fined. This potentially means you are at the mercy of some local copper who takes it into their mind to decide what is essential, we've already seen our council licking their lips at the unprecedented level of control

So if an officer asks you what you're doing, what are you required to say? Rather than explain which shop you're going to for what, etc, etc, can you simply answer "I'm off to buy essential supplies" or "I'm providing support to vulnerable people"? Is that sufficient or can they insist you go into detail?
    I've never really had any dealings with the police but I don't want to be bickering to defend the 12 bottles of red I bought from Oddbins, etc Neither do I want to be rude or seem suspicious, I just want to be firm and polite and not volunteer more than I need.

You lot are obstinate and hate authority, so you can probably offer advice.
    Last edited by d000hg; 30 March 2020, 14:28.

Working...
X