• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family's heartbreak as carer, 21, dies of coronavirus with boyfriend by her side

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
    I'm happy to be corrected, but my understanding is the Metro is the DailyMail lite and produced on the same printing presses as the DailyHate, sorry DailyMail.
    They all have a few newspapers in all their stables. The Metro aims itself at a younger, more ethnically and sexually diverse demographic who have a shorter attention span.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Well I'm now on the "Lockdown" list. Let the games begin.

For:

I'm not ready yet.
      My immune system

Against:

Cancer
      Lymphadaemia
      Arthritis
      Osteopeania
      No bowel
      Depressed

Oh forgot... My heart is a bit sus after my last op too.

I likes them odds.
      Last edited by Lost It; 28 March 2020, 12:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post

For:

I'm not ready yet.

Against:

Cancer
        Lymphadaemia
        Arthritis
        Osteopeania
        No bowel
        Depressed

I likes them odds.
        Can I borrow £20 please

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I stripped out some info, but you're welcome to go read the article yourself, as you seem to have done. Sorry, but Covid19 isn't just a cough; it can cause major organ failure and a raft of symptoms that are absolutely horrendous, each of which could result in death of a particular bodily function.

If someone has covid19 it is known to have a myriad of symptoms that affect even the organs and can cause organ failure due to the cytokene storm invoked in some people. I wouldn't expect death to be recorded as "Cytokene storm, RIP" and neither would I expect the virus causing heart failure in spreading to the heart to be recorded as "Heart attack" and, crucially NOT included in the Covid19 death toll.

In these instances, on the side of caution, it seems entirely fair to suggest that individual wouldn't be in the hospital if they hadn't acquired whatever mututation of Covid19 they had.

In addition: China perform four tests prior to discharging somebody to be very sure they have no detectable viral load and mistakes aren't made. It has been indicated to me by a doctor that they due to shortage they are performing one test, even on a dead body.

I'd say these points are vital to ascertaining whether our death toll figure is much reduced as a result; why assume it's only the couple of cases so far this has happened to? What if it's on a mass scale but grieving families aren't yet querying some of the more controversial cases not designated as Covid19 deaths?

I am shocked that we are even discussing such questions and hope that a raft of doctors will reassure me I am wrong. Alas with the limited test facility and labs overloaded I think it's fair to say we're missing out positive cases, deaths or living!
          Does anyone remember the other screwball fantasist that use to pretend to be a doctor on here?
          Last edited by minestrone; 28 March 2020, 12:35.

Comment

Always said if they shut down soshul meeja in times like this there wouldn't be so much crap out there.

Although I do know once you are on a ventilator that's when the real risk occurs. When other organs start to fail. Took a lot of notice of that after my last operation... I had sepsis.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Does anyone remember the other screwball fantasist that use to pretend to be a doctor on here?
              Was their username not "Cytokene storm"?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                The points I made are fair. Different countries are recording death stats differently. Italy is over-presuming and is assigning a covid19 death tally to any death in which the victim is fairly guessed to have covid19.

Other countries, such as France, aren't even yet counting those who die in care homes. Yes, some people die every day in care homes in France but it's the inconsistency between countries I am highlighting. As you can see, Italy's methodology is displaying much higher total deaths. I am therefore concerned France, UK and the rest aren't performing anywhere near as much tests as Italy and deaths are not being recorded as covid19 when they were covid19.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post

For:

I'm not ready yet.
                  My immune system

Against:

Cancer
                  Lymphadaemia
                  Arthritis
                  Osteopeania
                  No bowel
                  Depressed

Oh forgot... My heart is a bit sus after my last op too.

I likes them odds.

My own experience, which may be different to that of others, is that even as a fit and health individual with no underlying conditions and no known health issues I have found it to be the worst illness I have ever experienced.

For people such as myself we see the peak of the illness and the automatic reaction is to dial 111 after following the NHS24 online instructions. In your case, you need to use your head and err on the side of caution.

If may be worth phoning your GP already to inform them you believe you have it. You are definitely a priority for testing, for a start.

The limitations of breathing still persist, but at random severity each few hours, even if my own peak illness was a few days ago. People report feeling like "this is the end", which I would say is a fair comment. However it's not the end, so don't panic.

Hang in there and trust how you and your body feel: 111 or, if you just know you need to, 999 and blue lights. Don't drive to a hospital. I mention this as some people have done this but many have police guards now to help limit A&E entry for those with suspected Covid19.

Best of luck and keep hydrated, eat good food even if you don't feel like eating.
                  Last edited by rogerfederer; 28 March 2020, 13:17.

Comment

My own experience, which may be different to that of others, is that even as a fit and health individual with no underlying conditions and no known health issues I have found it to be the worst illness I have ever experienced.

For people such as myself we see the peak of the illness and the automatic reaction is to dial 111 after following the NHS24 online instructions. In your case, you need to use your head and err on the side of caution.

If may be worth phoning your GP already to inform them you believe you have it. You are definitely a priority for testing, for a start.

The limitations of breathing still persist, but at random severity each few hours, even if my own peak illness was a few days ago. People report feeling like "this is the end", which I would say is a fair comment. However it's not the end, so don't panic.

Hang in there and trust how you and your body feel: 111 or, if you just know you need to, 999 and blue lights. Don't drive to a hospital. I mention this as some people have done this but many have police guards now to help limit A&E entry for those with suspected Covid19.

Best of luck and keep hydrated, eat good food even if you don't feel like eating.
                    I'm getting that from reading your posts.

Comment

Anyway the worst part of the updated story in the Guardian is...

"Middleton’s mother, aunt and boyfriend have not responded to the Guardian’s requests for an interview."

Honestly, like fookin ghouls.

"Hi there, I know someone you love has died but we are looking for an angle to criticise the government so we are phoning everyone in your immediate family"

Comment

Working...
                      X