• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone develop for alexa?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zigenare
    replied
    Typical whataboutery, did you vote "Remain" by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Anyway, Wareable on Twitter: "Amazon Echo Frames glasses lets Alexa sit on your face

https://t.co/O7gsCo3EVd… "

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    My mistake. It wasn't clear to me that the woman was blind.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    How disappointing, it's the standard Alexa voice on the ad.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    They need to work on their advertising skills - the current one which is on daytime TV a lot (when you're retired, you sometimes watch daytime TV) includes a section where a woman opens the curtains and looks out the window, then says "Alexa what is the weather right now"
    Now, I may be stupid, but if you're looking out the window you can see what the weather is right now.
    Mods can we move this to general so this gets the attention it deserves?

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Has she got the Samuel L. Jackson Alexa voice, mofo?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    OMG this is just comedy gold. How funny is this thread...

And this.
    Now, I may be stupid, but if you're looking out the window you can see what the weather is right now.
    That opening...

Linky if anyone is interested

Amazon Alexa helps blind woman in RNIB-approved ad
    Last edited by northernladuk; 28 September 2019, 11:53.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    They need to work on their advertising skills - the current one which is on daytime TV a lot (when you're retired, you sometimes watch daytime TV) includes a section where a woman opens the curtains and looks out the window, then says "Alexa what is the weather right now"
    She's blind. She has a guide dog. It's done in partnership with the RNIB. Their logo appears in the ad. Maybe you should give them a call.

Leave a comment:

• Anonimouse
    replied
    She’s blind, hence the dog

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Just seen this, a free Echo if you publish an Alexa Skill

Publish a Skill in the UK, DE, IT OR ES, earn Alexa perks - Alexa Skills Kit

Leave a comment:

Working...
X