• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Spoilers] Game Of Thrones -Season Eight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    If he ends up on the iron throne I'll eat my shorts
    Depends if GRRM gave them an ending they're sticking to or if they have gone their own way so more likely a fan friendly end of Jon and Dany sharing the throne.

I've only found out today, while reading up on reddit about other's views on episode 3, that there isn't even a Night King in GRRM's books.

So likely the story will be vastly different if he ever gets round to finishing it before he croaks.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      Depends if GRRM gave them an ending they're sticking to or if they have gone their own way so more likely a fan friendly end of Jon and Dany sharing the throne.

I've only found out today, while reading up on reddit about other's views on episode 3, that there isn't even a Night King in GRRM's books.

So likely the story will be vastly different if he ever gets round to finishing it before he croaks.
      So they're not even following the story line in the books? We'll get a Netflix ending for sure.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

So they're not even following the story line in the books? We'll get a Netflix ending for sure.
        Not sure how closely, if at all, they're following the books. May be like The Walking Dead and the comics where the TV show uses the best bits then makes a mess of the rest to please the audience into keep watching. i.e. favourite characters spared on screen when they've been dead for ages in the book/comic. So bound to have an impact on the quality of the overall story.

At least if the books turn out to have a better ending then they'll remake the show or do some movies of it in future.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Am I the only one thinking how stupid an idea it is when fighting a far against an army of undead, to lock people for “safety” in a crypt full of dead people?
          You're not the only one, my son thought the same. Seems you were right!

Comment

I see the feminists have got their hooks into the story line - looks to be going the way of Star Wars, was just a matter of time I suppose.
            Not at all, I think you'll find that GRRM likes his hero(ines) female... it was quite obvious from reading the books that Dani, Arya, Sansa, Cersei, Caitlin Stark to name a few are his favourite characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Episode 3:

Epic.
              ha ha ha, that's a very good summary!!

I'm going to watch it again, in the dark. Too much glare on the telly screen this morning, hard to see what was going on some of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Am I the only one thinking how stupid an idea it is when fighting a far against an army of undead, to lock people for “safety” in a crypt full of dead people?
                Called it!

I’m a bit unsatisfied by the episode to be fair, visually stunning but story wise it was a bit to clean and tidy
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

GRRM hasn’t finished writing the books, they deviated from the books story lines a few seasons ago

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

[Spoilers] Game Of Thrones -Season Eight

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                      Ahh but those in the crypt are dead-dead, the ones on the battle field are the not dead-dead
                      I take that back..
                      Growing old is mandatory
                      Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                      X