• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official AMD shares thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    So they've went all in on a overvalued growth stock (opposed to a value stock) at a time when the stock market is at a all time high?

Roulette anyone?
    Wait, if you're saying that both companies are overvalued (which you are/have), then why does it matter if the stock market is at an all time high? If the market capitalisation for both was, for example, 40% lower that it was yesterday, it would still be roughly the same stock transaction.

Not sure you'll understand this, as its clear you don't even understand the difference between an all-stock-transaction buyout and a cash purchase.
    Last edited by Paralytic; 28 October 2020, 09:31.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    So they've went all in on a overvalued growth stock (opposed to a value stock) at a time when the stock market is at a all time high??
    So AMD hadn’t “ dried up their cash reserves” as you’ve claimed above, yes or no?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    So they've went all in on a overvalued growth stock (opposed to a value stock) at a time when the stock market is at a all time high?

Roulette anyone?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I'm reminded of that RBS ABN Amro takeover moment in 2007 right before the crash.

In a moment of extraordinary exuberance AMD just dried up their cash reserves at a time of uncertainty with a purchase of a dent laden company.

Chip dealmaking ramps up with AMD’s $35bn takeover of Xilinx
    From the article -

“Advanced Micro Devices has agreed to buy rival Californian chipmaker Xilinx in a $35bn all-stock transaction, taking the value of semiconductor dealmaking to more than $100bn in 2020 in a blockbuster year for the sector.”

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I'm reminded of that RBS ABN Amro takeover moment in 2007 right before the crash.

In a moment of extraordinary exuberance AMD just dried up their cash reserves at a time of uncertainty with a purchase of a dent laden company.

Chip dealmaking ramps up with AMD’s $35bn takeover of Xilinx

Advanced Micro Devices has agreed to buy rival Californian chipmaker Xilinx in a $35bn all-stock transaction, taking the value of semiconductor dealmaking to more than $100bn in 2020 in a blockbuster year for the sector.

AMD’s deal, its largest acquisition to date, will boost its ambitions to become a data centre powerhouse and create a combined company with 13,000 engineers and more than $2.7bn in annual research and development spending.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Sell my speculative hordes!
    And that's not advice?

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied