• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London finance exodus to...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    he's got another place on Bury Road also. Not been to either.
    The Bird at Birtle is more of a gastro pub. Very good by all accounts.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      We'll have to annex Glasgow and Coulport, we need somewhere to keep our nukes
      The plan is you'll need to move the weapons south immediately after Independence. This happens by road now anyway for maintenance.

Then we will charge you £5Bn per year to rent out the submarine bases until you can find somewhere to keep them in England.

Once you go we will then have access to the oilfields off the west coast of Scotland that we can't get to just now because of the submarines using the area.

We'll have our excess electricity and water we can sell you for a fair price too

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
        The plan is you'll need to move the weapons south immediately after Independence. This happens by road now anyway for maintenance.

Then we will charge you £5Bn per year to rent out the submarine bases until you can find somewhere to keep them in England.

Once you go we will then have access to the oilfields off the west coast of Scotland that we can't get to just now because of the submarines using the area.

We'll have our excess electricity and water we can sell you for a fair price too
        Should be enough to pay for all the unhealthy people who drink, smoke and eat too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
          Should be enough to pay for all the unhealthy people who drink, smoke and eat too much.
          Sadly not. Still let them dream the dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post

Sturgeon is your weapon. You voted her in, you have to keep her.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Sturgeon is your weapon. You voted her in, you have to keep her.
              That's ******* rich coming from a jack waving xenophobe who's PM is Theresa May and is soon to be BoJo or JRM and his nanny
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                That's ******* rich coming from a jack waving xenophobe who's PM is Theresa May and is soon to be BoJo or JRM and his nanny
                That would be hilarious if I was a xenophobe; I just find jock-baiting to be rather entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  That would be hilarious if I was a xenophobe; I just find jock-baiting to be rather entertaining.
                  Indeed - just a bit too easy though.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Indeed - just a bit too easy though being a racist.
                    FTFY
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      Found the following regarding racism!

Found the following regarding racism!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Herald
                      Last week Kevin Bonar, a Hearts fan, was convicted of a racially-aggravated breach of the peace for calling Craig Bellamy, the former Celtic player, a "wee Welsh bastard" at a football match.

This is not, believes Paul McBride, a leading criminal QC, the kind of person the act was supposed to criminalise.

"It was to deal with black and Asian people being abused in the street, " he said. "I don't think they foresaw it being applied to national slurs in the way it has been.

"The act was a good idea.

There is no doubt ethnic minorities were being abused and the penalties were not fitting the crime.

"There is no problem with the legislation - the problem is that, in the current climate, if you add certain banned adjectives in front of an insult you are branded a racist.

"Now you have people involved in relatively trifling circumstances finding themselves branded a racist and as a result barred from every public sector job in the country.

"The guy who called Bellamy a Welsh bastard was going to call him a bastard anyway. He just happened to be Welsh.

"He could have called him a Celtic bastard and it wouldn't be racially aggravated."

He warned that if the law continues to be applied as it is at present, the interpretation of "racial" could be unnecessarily widened.

He added: "Although it has never been tested in court, I suppose calling someone a dirty European Union bastard would be a racial slur as it refers to their nationality and citizenship."

Full article here.
                      So you've found one person on the interweb who thinks like you and you think that this makes your argument valid?

By adding 'Welsh' for no other reason other than as a slur then yes it is a racist slur. Same as if I was cut up driving by a guy .... I might call him a b*stard and that might be justified, but if the guy is black and I call him a black b*stard (even though I was going to call him a b'stard anyway) this would be just as much a racist slur as the welsh comment.

You might not agree, but then those who are happy to throw about racist slurs always claim they're not racist, because, you know, I have a Welsh, black, indian (delete as appropriate) friend.

It's just sad that we allow such casual racism on this forum.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X