• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lets play a game of millenial monoploy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You were lucky. Back in my day we din't even have a board. We used an old stone. Half inched from the graveyard.

Honestly young ones today.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      You were lucky. Back in my day we din't even have a board. We used an old stone. Half inched from the graveyard.

Agree, let's time warp back to the late 1970's and see how todays millenials would cope with the rather poor economy and infrastructure situation of the time. We didn't even have the bank of mum and dad The music of the time was good though

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
        Agree, let's time warp back to the late 1970's and see how todays millenials would cope with the rather poor economy and infrastructure situation of the time. We didn't even have the bank of mum and dad The music of the time was good though
        No wifi, 3 day week, power cuts...

They would all kill themselves...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          No wifi, 3 day week, power cuts...

They would all kill themselves...
          Their parents would have to start parenting them.

Shame the parents didn't bother raising the kids properly.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Last week I was commenting on the new student blocks of flats that spring up everywhere followed by numerous take-away outlets to feed the students. In my day it was a damp old bed-sit and a can of baked-beans. To find my first job, I walked the towns and knocked on the doors of businesses with success.

This was better than my father who as a kid in the 1920-30s did not have shoes until he was 12 years old when he started work.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Is monoploy anything like scrablle?
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Their parents would have to start parenting them.

Shame the parents didn't bother raising the kids properly.
                And there it is. I don't normally join in in the millennial bashing - it's typically just another hard-of-thinking gammon theme.

But... I was chatting to a contractor colleague whose daughter has just started uni. She absolutely had to have an en suite bathroom, and had never caught a bus before. He did accept that he may share some blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Last week I was commenting on the new student blocks of flats that spring up everywhere followed by numerous take-away outlets to feed the students. In my day it was a damp old bed-sit and a can of baked-beans. To find my first job, I walked the towns and knocked on the doors of businesses with success. .
                  Totally. As an undergraduate I used a bedsit that wouldn't have been out of place in Trainspotting.

I recall my lesbian roommate inviting me round to her room for a cuppa. The walls were covered with posters of breasts she admired. She asked me what I prefer. That was an interesting evening.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It's no use, you'd win hands down because that's how a typical millennial would spell "millennial" and "monopoly"

Mind you, the twitterer you quoted does have a good point, because most millennials are fecked job-wise and house-wise etc.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X