• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Asked to take work laptop home but cannot work from home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asked to take work laptop home but cannot work from home

Is this a blatant no no for IR35 rules?

Originally posted by bluepeter View Post
    How much are you charging to babysit/protect their equipment?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      How much are you charging to babysit/protect their equipment?
      Rubbish. It's a security issue. It won't even be turned on at home (if the OP has any sense at all, that is).

And, amazingly enough, not everything in the world has an impact on IR35.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Are yourco insured to take client's kit home?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Cannot choose the time/place where you provide your services is indicative of control. Not an IR35 slamdunk fail in and of itself.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Get a substitute to take it to their home.

Comment

Did they say why? Or was it just an instruction. Context is everything and I suspect we have only half the information.

Comment

The IR35 knowledge is not strong with this one. If you are worried this is an IR35 problem I'd wonder how many important things you are doing that is important to IR35 and you don't know.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  The IR35 knowledge is not strong with this one. If you are worried this is an IR35 problem I'd wonder how many important things you are doing that is important to IR35 and you don't know.
                  I haven't contracted in the UK for a while, but IIRC it is important either to bring your own bog roll and/or steal their bog roll. But don't just turn up and use their bog roll without stealing any - that's a permie thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    I haven't contracted in the UK for a while, but IIRC it is important either to bring your own bog roll and/or steal their bog roll. But don't just turn up and use their bog roll without stealing any - that's a permie thing.
                    A proper contractor brings in their own bog roll

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X