• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budge up, coming to a bench near you soon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    as shallow as AssGuru's gene pool?
    The majority of assguru's genes tried to escape when they realised what they were creating.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Very rarely have I done this in 25 years contracting, but I have invoked my months notice period on my contract.

It was still to run to the end of August (which would have been 20 months) but it is debatable whether I would have got another. The guy who I working with has been put on garden leave & one of the big four have been drafted in. The early scouts have started arriving, and now I report to a big four consultant who is working out who they can replace with their own resources at 3 to 4x the same rate.
      Wow. Looks like the slow motion car crash this programme has been has now accelerated and gone straight into the wall.

As expected Big 4 consultant spent the first few weeks take a look and then swiftly closed most of the programme down, two others followed my notice and quit, terminated one other and told the permies that need to reapply for new jobs.

Never had a failed project before, but the second I withdrew my efforts and stopped covering from everyone the brakes came off and it crashed. 11 days to go...
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Wow. Looks like the slow motion car crash this programme has been has now accelerated and gone straight into the wall.

As expected Big 4 consultant spent the first few weeks take a look and then swiftly closed most of the programme down, two others followed my notice and quit, terminated one other and told the permies that need to reapply for new jobs.

Never had a failed project before, but the second I withdrew my efforts and stopped covering from everyone the brakes came off and it crashed. 11 days to go...
        <cough>Tat Shop, Bracknell</cough>
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

<cough>Consignment of unsold sledges</cough>
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Alternative interpretation: since you quit, everyone has been partying hard and a perfectly on-track project has now hit the wall because the office is paralytic.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              <cough>Tat Shop, Bracknell</cough>
              You've got a good memory, seeing as you've only been here 2 months. Whose reincarnated sockie might you be, I wonder...?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                You've got a good memory, seeing as you've only been here 2 months. Whose reincarnated sockie might you be, I wonder...?
                Not mine, - don't do odd socks

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Comment

I'm sure the Home Office will be just fine without you.

Comment

Maybe it's just more difficult to sell sledges in summer?

Comment

Working...
                      X