• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fat Women in Denial

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    M&S and some other UK retailers have already adjusted their sizes to lower numbers.

Have you noticed that M&S also has convex mirrors to make you look thinner?
    You have some explaining to do.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      She can lose weight but she'll never overcome the indignity of being spotted shopping in Primark.
      It's pronounced Primarni!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Do these jeans make my arse look big?
        Make those jeans compulsary!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Sizing in H&M has always been squiffy. The quality of the clothes is also appalling.

The article is a bit snowflaky but the premise is about right - a size 12 in there is about an 8 in places like Next or M&S. This is something you simply learn over time and account for when shopping. It's an inconvenience but it's not psychologically damaging.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Sizing in H&M has always been squiffy. The quality of the clothes is also appalling.

The article is a bit snowflaky but the premise is about right - a size 12 in there is about an 8 in places like Next or M&S. This is something you simply learn over time and account for when shopping. It's an inconvenience but it's not psychologically damaging.
            Your reply is far too sensible for CUK General.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Yup thats a fair point - I guess it seems to be different for blokes but I generally know what my size is but then when trying stuff on you find it can be a size up or down depending on the shop....

but as a bloke I do not really care.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Yup thats a fair point - I guess it seems to be different for blokes but I generally know what my size is but then when trying stuff on you find it can be a size up or down depending on the shop....

but as a bloke I do not really care.
                As a bloke I tend to find one shop/brand that fits my size and stick with them. Just a shame its Jumpsuits & Playsuits from New Look that fit my size.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  As a bloke I tend to find one shop/brand that fits my size and stick with them. Just a shame its Jumpsuits & Playsuits from New Look that fit my size.
                  When did you start your TellyTubby gig?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    When did you start your TellyTubby gig?
                    Just after I discovered LSD.

Comment

Working...
                    X