• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All inclusive holidays that aren't tulip?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janes Rees View Post
    I was looking at a cruise this year.

Do you get chavs on cruises? Are there any lines in particular worth avoiding?

I wanted to try out a Mediterranean cruise first maybe just for 7 days. Thompson (Tui) do a nice looking one to the Eastern Med with Turkey and a few Greek Islands thrown in.
    Not in my experience but then I've only been on the big ships so not cheap. IMO the size of the ship and entertainment/meals/massive ship experience was all part of it for me. I wouldn't go on a cruise if I was watching the pennies. All the excursions are costed and particularly cheap. Even though you've paid for the cruise it's surprising how much extra it actually costs.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Or just go cruising. None of those problems on a decent size Royal Caribbean ship.
      Whatever tickles your fancy...make sure you don't use the wrong colour hanky or wrong pocket though
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Janes Rees View Post
        I was looking at a cruise this year.

Do you get chavs on cruises? Are there any lines in particular worth avoiding?

I wanted to try out a Mediterranean cruise first maybe just for 7 days. Thompson (Tui) do a nice looking one to the Eastern Med with Turkey and a few Greek Islands thrown in.
        Yes especially when there cruising around Essex.
        Last edited by BlueSharp; 23 May 2018, 13:12.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
          Yes especially when there cursing around Essex.
          <cough>
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Sensatori is OK. The hotels websites lay out what's included and isn't. Example: ice cream seems to be chargable at a lot but is included in Turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              <cough>
              No idea what you're on about
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

I've stayed at Veligandu Island in the Maldives all inclusive. I enjoyed the food and the drink.

Veligandu Island Resort & Spa | North Ari Atoll | Maldives | 5 Star Resort

Did a similar hol in Mauritius, all inclusive and was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  My GF wants to go on an all-inclusive holiday. To keep this thread on track, assume that's immutable. Because it is.

As I read reviews, I'm finding common themes:
                  - 5 star hotel is of course not 5 star, more like 3
                  - poor quality food
                  - watered down drinks
                  - stuff that you'd think would be included in "all inclusive" but isn't
                  - dirty rooms, restaurants, pools
                  - staff attitude that conveys they think you're poor scum
                  - herds of actual poor scum

Is it possible to go all-inclusive to a place that's not totally tulip?

Kuoni looks like an option. Any other recommendations? Help seriously needed
                  Are you going with her?

If so, I went here many years ago and would recommend it assuming nothing has changed. They had baby orangutans.

Luxury Spa in Kota Kinabalu | Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort and Spa

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Are you going with her?

If so, I went here many years ago and would recommend it assuming nothing has changed. They had baby orangutans.
                    The orangutans will have grown up by now
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      The orangutans will have grown up by now
                      I was thinking the same but they probably drown them at the end of each season and get fresh ones in.

Comment

Working...
                      X