Posts 1 to 10 of 29

Nervous Newbie

Geoff Gecko has no reputation

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default PSR Alexander Mann - 33 days to get paid

Good morning, long time lurker on these forums. Thanks to those who post on here, have seen some great advice in the past and hopefully I will contribute to this forum in the future.

My reason for posting is that I am have recently started a six month contract in the public sector (my third) and I was chatting with my agency this morning when they dropped a bombshell. We were talking about the transition from Crapita to Alexander Mann solutions (AMS) and they said that I wouldn't be paid until August! It seems that AMS are working on 33 day terms and that although I will be still paid weekly, I still wont receive my first payment until August, for work carried out in the second week of June.

Has anyone else heard this?

Should post faster

Zigenare is good enough for Jehovah!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Gecko View Post
    Good morning, long time lurker on these forums. Thanks to those who post on here, have seen some great advice in the past and hopefully I will contribute to this forum in the future.

My reason for posting is that I am have recently started a six month contract in the public sector (my third) and I was chatting with my agency this morning when they dropped a bombshell. We were talking about the transition from Crapita to Alexander Mann solutions (AMS) and they said that I wouldn't be paid until August! It seems that AMS are working on 33 day terms and that although I will be still paid weekly, I still wont receive my first payment until August, for work carried out in the second week of June.

What does your contract say?

sal

Contractor Among Contractors

sal 's job has never been outsourced

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How is 33 day payment term on weekly invoice result in payment in August for work done at the beginning to June?

Monthly billing + 30 day payment exists and may result in 60 day gap between the work being done and payment.

I wouldn't be happy about either, but have used weekly invoicing with 30 day payment in the past, as that was the only option at the time.

The question is do you have alternative contract to begin with, as most agencies are not flexible on payment terms and it's take it or leave it offer.

More time posting than coding

nucastle is too good to be a permie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've just asked my existing agent about whether anything will change from our perspective. I'd be somewhat amazed if absolutely nothing changed given the complexity of procurement frameworks.

Nervous Newbie

fibio has no reputation

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Currently contracting through AMS. Weekly billing with payment happening four weeks later on Monday mornings.

For work completed during the first week of 4th - 8th June, you should expect to receive the first invoice receipt on 9th July.

More fingers than teeth

Old Greg is NOT a disguised employee

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's not ideal but I currently invoice monthly with 30 days payment.
    Let's give our NHS the £350 million the EU takes every week.

Vote Leave

http://news.images.itv.com/image/fil...stream_img.jpg

Godlike

LondonManc - scorchio!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Gecko View Post

Friday June 8th + 33 days = 11th July

Quite why you wouldn't be paid until August, I'm not sure.

Are you happy (I guess not) to expose that many weeks of "yourco's entitled money" to the risk of it not being paid? Would an increase of 5% in dayrate compensate for that risk?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

More time posting than coding

adubya is good enough for Jehovah!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm with AMS and have 31 days payment terms, weekly billing.

They are very good, not had a single invoice delayed (assuming that the timesheet signoff deadlines are met).

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have you asked your gladiator?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot - scorchio!

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

All my clients are direct and payment of 30-90 days is not unusual.

Look at it this way, when you leave the job you'll still be receiving income 2 months afters. That could be a welcomed lifeline.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast