• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who is your favourite TV Comedian?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is your favourite TV Comedian?

Err... I can't think of anyone as they all seem smug and/or unfunny so I shall turn the question on its head.

Which comedian would you push out to sea on a raft?

Lee Howard for not being funny (he's just too clean cut) Paul Kay for being annoying and over egging his cheeky chappy ee bah gum ooop north schtick.

Oh, and anyone involved in any of Stephen Fry's smugfests. And that Irish guy on Mock The Week.

I love Dave Allen though but I think he's no longer with us

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
    Err... I can't think of anyone as they all seem smug and/or unfunny so I shall turn the question on its head.

Which comedian would you push out to sea on a raft?

Lee Howard for not being funny (he's just too clean cut) Paul Kay for being annoying and over egging his cheeky chappy ee bah gum ooop north schtick.

Oh, and anyone involved in any of Stephen Fry's smugfests. And that Irish guy on Mock The Week.

I love Dave Allen though but I think he's no longer with us
    I take it you mean Peter Kay (who isn't funny at all).
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Roy 'Chubby' Brown, Bernard Manning, Jim Davidson
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

All joke-blowers are terrible, you're going to need a rather large raft.

Jerry Sadowitz had a BBC2 series in the early nineties called 'The Pall Bearer's Revue' which is very much worth getting hold of....probably still on a BitTorrent somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
          blah blah blah
          How on earth do you find time to come up with this stuff? Mind you I have to say that I do find it quite entertaining

Comment

The comedians on the BBC are stale. Most of them come from the same stable, you get the same faces on panel shows. They are tired, boring and not funny.

The worst though is Kieth Lemon. It'd put him on a raft. Then sink the raft.

I did watch "Derry Girls" recently though with my teenagers. That was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Roy 'Chubby' Brown, Bernard Manning, Jim Davidson
              You'll have to dig him up first...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Boris Johnson
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  I take it you mean Peter Kay (who isn't funny at all).
                  Oh yes, I do. PAul KAy is somebody else - Dennis Pennis. Who was quite good.

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                  The comedians on the BBC are stale. Most of them come from the same stable, you get the same faces on panel shows. They are tired, boring and not funny.

The worst though is Kieth Lemon. It'd put him on a raft. Then sink the raft.

I did watch "Derry Girls" recently though with my teenagers. That was hilarious.

Yes, how did I forget him. Worst of the bunch - highly irritating.

Comment

Spike Milligan was the best

Nowadays frankie boyle and jimmy carr are pretty good

Comment

Working...
                    X