• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris puts his foot in it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GammaMadrid View Post
    People should have the right to wear what they want.
    Oh dear, how naïve!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      And he really should not because he has not said anything racist or islamophobic

he has simply stated that certain clothing some people wear looks stupid.

and I agree with him
      You can argue it's not racist/islamophobic but it's certainly insensitive and clearly offensive to publicly state a certain demographic look stupid on a national media channel. Should you be able to shout in the street "'ere luv show us yer face it can't be that bad?" Maybe though it would be extremely rude and if someone kicked you in the nads nobody would complain. Should a senior politician be able to to make derogatory comments on national media that mocks part of the population they serve? Probably not and their political party can rightly take action against anyone they feel brings the party into a bad light.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Within reason, yes.

Certain work environments require uniforms or protective clothing for their/other safety.

Not all clothing is appropriate for schools, places of worship, graveyards etc.

It’s ultimately about respect for yourself and for others around you.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Like a t-shirt with a slogan "The holocaust didn't happen, but I wish it had?" Or a photo of your young daughter photoshopped to be nude?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Do you think they should be banned?
            In places where identity needs to be established yes or we should put provision in e.g. private identity booths manned by suitable staff where the person can be identified in private. Those that choose to wear such garments in public should expect to be detained and identified if needed.

Just as if you are wearing a crash helmet in a shop you can be asked to remove it, those unwilling to remove it could be refused entry. I imagine banks & shops willing to allow not proving identity will appear. Passport lines there could be a booth.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Oh dear, how naïve!
              I don't know, maybe this is a Bojo sockie:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                I don't know, maybe this is a Bojo sockie:

Why does he have three feet?

Jake the Peg

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Why does he have three feet?

Jake the Peg
                  So he can undo all of his shoelaces simultaneously with his three arms.

Comment

If they were wearing them because they wanted to then they'd be pink. With patterns. And frilly bits. I've been observing women for 9 decades, and there's nothing they won't frill up given the slightest opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      I think in this day and age we should remove clothing which clear creates a cultural barrier and introduces a security risk.
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X