• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris puts his foot in it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is nothing Islamaphobic about saying someone who wears some headgear with a rectangle cut out for eyes looks like they are looking out of a letterbox - because it does - it is a factual statement.

He did not say he had a problem with it or that they should not do it....

Unlikely say Denmark

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

The Guards who wear the bearskin hats look like fookin big penises......
      If you think that, i.e. all hairy at the end, then perhaps you should go see your GP.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        If you think that, i.e. all hairy at the end, then perhaps you should go see your GP.

Comment

There is nothing Islamaphobic about saying someone who wears some headgear with a rectangle cut out for eyes looks like they are looking out of a letterbox - because it does - it is a factual statement.

He did not say he had a problem with it or that they should not do it....

Unlikely say Denmark
          Notice the difference between a Burqa and a Niqab:

Semantics, but still...

BTW, this is a letterbox:

As there are more crimes now being committed by people wearing crash helmets than Muslim religious wear, surely something should be done about that?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Notice the difference between a Burqa and a Niqab:

Semantics, but still...

BTW, this is a letterbox:

As there are more crimes now being committed by people wearing crash helmets than Muslim religious wear, surely something should be done about that?
            Do you think the lady on the 2nd left looks like she is peering out of a rectangle?

Comment

Do you think the lady on the 2nd left looks like she is peering out of a rectangle?
              She looks like a very unsuccessful ninja!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Boris said Burqa, that's a Niqab. Personally I think she is peering out of a form of female oppression forced upon her by religion
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Boris said Burqa, that's a Niqab. Personally I think she is peering out of a form of female oppression forced upon her by religion
                  Yeah, and one of the stupid bints nearly knocked me off my bike the other day when dressed in this ridiculous garb. My personal favourite look is where thick NHS bottle bottom glasses are slapped over the top. Then it looks like a startled owl has got trapped in the post box.

Comment

I wonder how the press would have played this is corbyn had said it? The Tory party have a deep seated problem with Islam although it is not reported as much as Labour's Semitism problem for some strange reason and with Johnson now being pally with Bannon, maybe he's getting his orders from somewhere else now...
                    Why on earth Labour can't come out and say they're mates with the Arabs so can't be mates with the Jews? Would it be nice if we all just got along? Of course it would, but that's not gonna happen so a bit of honesty would maybe make a very boring story go away.

Comment

Let’s be fair though. Women in this country wearing clothes that cover everything apart from their eyes is wrong.

The blokes don’t have to do it just the women.

So calling Boris out for this is wrong, calling out a society that allows this kinds of oppression is the right thing to do. And we now are that society.

Comment

Working...
                      X