• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The New Touareg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Heh. I guess mine is a 4 wheel drive.
    Likewise.

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      No it doesn’t. Depends on v-angle but all v-engines arent perfectly balanced.

IIRC straight sixes are natually perfectly balanced, as are boxers.

V-6’s definately arent and so neither are V-12’s
      V12s, being two straight sixes with a common crank, are also perfectly balanced regardless of the angle of the V.

90 degree V8s have even firing intervals.

60 degree V6s have even firing intervals, but aren't perfectly balanced unlike the straight 6.

90 degree V6s are an abomination and require either a balance shaft or a very odd crankshaft to get the firing intervals even.

Oh, I feel ever so much better now I've typed that.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        V12s, being two straight sixes with a common crank, are also perfectly balanced regardless of the angle of the V.
        Oh good. I am safe. Just have the tacky badge to deal with.

Comment

I've only got a W12.....and 4 wheel drive
          Last edited by Lockhouse; 13 April 2018, 20:15.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            I've only got a W12.....and 4 wheel drive
            Not as smooth as a proper V12 then.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
            X