• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ESure Car Insurance - Cancelled due to comparison site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESure Car Insurance - Cancelled due to comparison site

*A bit annoyed here so please excuse the rant*

I just took out car insurance with ESure last week. Today I get a call to say its been cancelled because I tried to get too many quotes from different addresses..I didnt.
    I signed into my Comparethemarket.com account to get a quote. I haven't used this account in the past year (since my last renewal) and since then I have moved address.
    I got the site to get me car insurance quotes not realising it had my old address.
    So I updated the address, got a new quote, ESure was the cheapest and so went with that.

Now I have just spoken to ESure and because I ran the comparison on my old address and then updated the details to my new address and ran it, I have now been classed as High Risk and as they dont take on high risk policies they have cancelled mine....
    I would understand if someone got quotes from say 5 different addresses but 2!!!!
    I know need to prove my address by sending in a council tax statement and a utility bill statement and they will review.

Edit - Oh any the only thing I changed was I called this morning to say I had just got the proof of no claims from the old insurer and it was 8 years not 7 as i had stated.

Originally posted by wparkar View Post
    *A bit annoyed here so please excuse the rant*

I just took out car insurance with ESure last week. Today I get a call to say its been cancelled because I tried to get too many quotes from different addresses..I didnt.
    I signed into my Comparethemarket.com account to get a quote. I haven't used this account in the past year (since my last renewal) and since then I have moved address.
    I got the site to get me car insurance quotes not realising it had my old address.
    So I updated the address, got a new quote, ESure was the cheapest and so went with that.

Now I have just spoken to ESure and because I ran the comparison on my old address and then updated the details to my new address and ran it, I have now been classed as High Risk and as they dont take on high risk policies they have cancelled mine....
    I would understand if someone got quotes from say 5 different addresses but 2!!!!
    I know need to prove my address by sending in a council tax statement and a utility bill statement and they will review.

Edit - Oh any the only thing I changed was I called this morning to say I had just got the proof of no claims from the old insurer and it was 8 years not 7 as i had stated.
    The thing with car insurance is, you only have to get one thing wrong, and your world of pain just got that little bit bigger...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Calm down dear!

Comment

You now have a different answer to the question:

Have you ever had an Insurance Policy cancelled, or been refused Insurance?

Going to need some fancy footwork to get this removed from your record.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Insure your cars in one of your chauffeurs' names.

Comment

I work away from home a lot and tend to rent a flat when doing it. I always check to see which is the address with the cheapest quote based on the logic that the car is more often at the rental address than it is at my home address. Should be fun on my next renewal if they are tracking to see if you enter more than one address when getting a quote.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Each company has it's own tolerance to risk and the market of people it goes for. If you fall out of this band you'll either get abnormally high quotes or what's happened to you. It's not all a level playing field.

You've raised enough flags to ping on E-Sures radar and that's game over. Try the next cheapest.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                You now have a different answer to the question:

Have you ever had an Insurance Policy cancelled, or been refused Insurance?

Going to need some fancy footwork to get this removed from your record.
                Sh*t I didnt even think about this!!!

According to the Cust Serv guy I spoke to at ESure. Comparethemarket sends them a report on who has run quotes from different addresses and as mine was done from 2 different addresses it gets flagged up.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Insure your cars in one of your chauffeurs' names.
                  I asked but mum and dad said no

Comment

Probably an unpopular view, but I am happy to pay a premium (in both senses of the word) for insurers today. UK house Hiscox, UK cars RSA.

"Oh Hi RSA, going to leave my car around may Mums for an undetermined period of time". "Sure no problem CFL, we'll send the new certificate round".
                    Car rear ended. - "Your policy covers an intermediate replacement car but we have ordered an S Class."
                    Changing named drivers every few weeks depending on who I am lending the car to - "sure no problem"

I know the costs of alll of this are built into the premium, but the service makes my life easier. I am at an age where I just need things done.

Amex Centurian fees though? They are indefensible.

Comment

Working...
                    X