• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Your data are belong to us

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your data are belong to us

Cambridge Analytica: Warrant sought to inspect company - BBC News

FB turning up at CA pre-warrant. Anyone here still stupid enough to have a FB account?

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    Cambridge Analytica: Warrant sought to inspect company - BBC News

FB turning up at CA pre-warrant. Anyone here still stupid enough to have a FB account?
    Fair point (I'm not on FB anyway) but how far do you want to go to protect your privacy..?

For example: Anyone here still stupid enough to own a modern smart phone?
    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Yeah, but I get mine from the security services

In any case, I only really use it for playing crossy road whilst i'm on the bog wrestling with a troublesome Eartha.

Comment

Following on from that:

... but how far do you want to go to protect your privacy..?

For example: Anyone here still stupid enough to own a Ltd Company?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Following on from that:

... but how far do you want to go to protect your privacy..?

For example: Anyone here still stupid enough to own a Ltd Company?
          Every little helps, absolutism (all or nothing) is a stupid argument.

Why would a bona fide company be concerned about their details on Companies House?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
            Anyone here still stupid enough...
            The answer to that question is always "yes".
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

So is this what actually 'stole' the election for Trump? Or are they going to link this to Putin in the next few days?

I'm getting confused about how Hillary actually lost - was it Russian hackers? Russian trolls? Or this? Or white women being forced to vote trump by their abusive husbands/sons(!)/brothers?
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                So is this what actually 'stole' the election for Trump? Or are they going to link this to Putin in the next few days?

I'm getting confused about how Hillary actually lost - was it Russian hackers? Russian trolls? Or this? Or white women being forced to vote trump by their abusive husbands/sons(!)/brothers?
                Obama, Trump, Eastern European meddling, so on and so forth.

FB turned up prior to the warrant, very suspect, wonder what info they're shredding.

Comment

It doesn't matter if you have a social media account, what matters if you are stupid enough to believe the targeted ads and posts...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    It doesn't matter if you have a social media account, what matters if you are stupid enough to believe the targeted ads and posts...
                    Wrong. It seems your assertion is contradictory, how do you think they "target" people? Machine learning / profiling on account data perhaps? The power is user data, you are the product.

Comment

Working...
                    X