• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No escaping the Russians

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I had exemption from the draft due to a medical condition (astma).
    Mmm.....so you dodged the draft then. I met plenty of asthma sufferers whilst in the British Army. Perhaps the Russians are a much more considerate and benign regime?

What's really interesting is that you supposedly served in the British Army, yet you defend murderous regime and attack somebody for not serving for them.
    There is no "supposedly" about it. And as I have said before, I do not condone Putin nor any of his actions.
    But don't let that oft-repeated fact get in the way of your desperate attempt to divert attention away from your own lily-livered military record.

I can only wonder if this was 1940s and you'd be also denigrating a jew who escaped Nazi Germany for not having served there in an SS unit, whilst at the same time taking side of the Nazi Germany a week after first bombing raids on London.
    You continue to try and make ridiculous analogies. You were Russian and you had a civic duty to serve your country, irrespective of their leadership at the time. You ran away and have been sniping from the sidelines ever since, boldly clutching your white feather.

You are defending Putin and his brutal regime by attacking me - he used CHEMICAL NERVE AGENT ON BRITISH SOIL, and before that radioactive Polonium 210, and lots more "clean" murders that certainly were done by his agents, and yet you accuse me of "ridiculous paranoia" about the nature of Putins regime which to me was obvious well before it became trendy.

You are truly a piece of tulip who sides with Putin even after such crazy attack.
    Don't flatter yourself.
    I am attacking you because you are a draft-dodging weasel.

HTH

Last edited by shaunbhoy; 17 March 2018, 18:35.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

There is no honour to serve in army of the totalitarian regime - anybody who refuses to serve for that reason got every right to "dodge" draft.

I would have joined British Army if I could at the time, might still do in the near future, if they take me and I no longer reponsible for a firm with 25 jobs

Comment

There is no honour to serve in army of the totalitarian regime - anybody who refuses to serve for that reason got every right to "dodge" draft.

I would have joined British Army if I could at the time, might still do in the near future, if they take me and I no longer reponsible for a firm with 25 jobs
        +1, Krasnaya Armiya is a joke, when I was in Moscow soldiers were begging for money off me, and there's dedovshina to consider. My better half's previous partner was a Sergeant in Red Army, but as we was still at uni he just stayed there. Her brother dodged it easily, letter from doc, po blatu, hiding when they came, piece of piss. I really don't know anyone in Russia who served, you'd have to be mental/stupid or have influence. Russian army is for cannon fodder which in itself is nothing to be proud about but that's how they are treated.

Comment

I know a few Russians through my Deutsch course, some of the nicest folks I've met. Old and young, no different from you and me, just as vulnerable to their government's idiocy as I am mine. Which is some way provides us a common ground.

There's an element of occam's razor emerging from this story that you would expect to find on the front shelves of WH Smith. What if this was made to look like an attempted assassination? In retaliation for Brexit referendum interference. The timing is utterly suss - I'd be hooked reading this in the world of fiction.

Must admit PM May's handling of this fiasco is going spectacularly sideways. Now you've got ex-Russian ambassador claiming the nerve agent could have come 8 miles from the scene of the attack. And her defence secretary shouting like Pitt the younger's sibling.

"Which Pitt is it?
          - Pitt the toddler?
          - Pitt the embryo ?
          - Pitt the glint in the milkman's eye ?"

G: I say, Blackadder, what a ghastly (squit?)! He's not going to win, is he?

E: No, sir, because, firstly, we shall fight this campaign on issues, not

personalities. Secondly, we shall be the only fresh thing on the menu. And

thirdly, of course, we'll cheat.

Above dialogue taken from last cabinet meeting

Last edited by scooterscot; 18 March 2018, 11:10.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            There's an element of occam's razor emerging from this story that you would expect to find on the front shelves of WH Smith. What if this was made to look like an attempted assassination? In retaliation for Brexit referendum interference. The timing is utterly suss - I'd be hooked reading this in the world of fiction.
            Yeah, I don't think you understand Occam's Razor if you think the British gov making it appear to be an attempted Russian assassination has the least moving parts. Is your version of Occam's Razor similar to your version of shorting?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
              Yeah, I don't think you understand Occam's Razor if you think the British gov making it appear to be an attempted Russian assassination has the least moving parts. Is your version of Occam's Razor similar to your version of shorting?
              Technical details. Scootie is trying to impress us again by doing two things at once, like walking and reading Wikipedia. He keeps missing that upturned spade.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                I know a few Russians through my Deutsch course, some of the nicest folks I've met. Old and young, no different from you and me, just as vulnerable to their government's idiocy as I am mine. Which is some way provides us a common ground.

Must admit PM May's handling of this fiasco is going spectacularly sideways. Now you've got ex-Russian ambassador claiming the nerve agent could have come 8 miles from the scene of the attack. And her defence secretary shouting like Pitt the younger's sibling.

"Which Pitt is it?
                - Pitt the toddler?
                - Pitt the embryo ?
                - Pitt the glint in the milkman's eye ?"

G: I say, Blackadder, what a ghastly (squit?)! He's not going to win, is he?

E: No, sir, because, firstly, we shall fight this campaign on issues, not

personalities. Secondly, we shall be the only fresh thing on the menu. And

thirdly, of course, we'll cheat.

Above dialogue taken from last cabinet meeting

The more that real evidence is leaked, the more it seems to be a fake botched assignation attempt.

It is now apparent that the poison was identified within 30 minutes and the antidote immediately delivered from Porton Down, obviously it was part of the plan. I now suspect a rogue agent with right wing tendencies who had access to Porton Down. Whoever planed it, did not do a good job.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                  I don't think you've an understanding of grasping a simple narrative.

However improbable whatever remains, must be the truth. There's far less in the way of assumption this was a botched attempt than the story being played at the moment on the premiss 'The Rukkies have done it before' - that assumption holds as much water as a sodden tissue.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    The more that real evidence is leaked, the more it seems to be a fake botched assignation attempt.

It is now apparent that the poison was identified within 30 minutes and the antidote immediately delivered from Porton Down, obviously it was part of the plan. I now suspect a rogue agent with right wing tendencies who had access to Porton Down. Whoever planed it, did not do a good job.
                    Confirmation will come in the form of next to no stories on the progress of the patients recovery.

PM will be desperately searching for a scapegoat now. Should that happen, the last ember of her power will be snuffed out like a fart in the wind.

In a time when the country needed to be demonstrating strength and integrity, we chosen instead weakness and ignorance. She should never have been PM after the GE.
                    Last edited by scooterscot; 18 March 2018, 13:17.

Comment

Well which WAS it? Did you refuse to serve as a result of your idealogical opposition to the regime, or did you backslide out on some wheezy technicality?

I think we should be told.

I doubt standards will ever slip far enough to allow someone that has turned his back on his own country to serve and can't drive very well.

Stick to being a geek that whines about his taxes and demands to be issued with a weapon at every cut and turn, even if you would struggle to lift it up!
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X